To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

How were your first dates?

Emilie, on November 28, 2016 at 07:04 Posted in Before the wedding 0 20

Hey brides-to-be Smiley heart

Can you remember the excitement after your first dates? Smiley laugh

How were your first dates like?

Continue here >> What was your friends' reaction when you first started dating?

20 Comments

Latest activity by Melanie, on December 26, 2016 at 09:53
  • Melanie
    Curious September 2017 Ontario
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our first date was to a local bike meet "Burrito Boyz" on a tuesday night. I had recently crashed my bike, so it was the first time since being a little kid that I got on the back of someone elses bike, that took a whole lot of trust, but I was blinded by giddy girly feelings. It's a weekly bike meet, so when we're in the area on a Tuesday we still stop by.

• Kylie
    Frequent user September 2017 Manitoba
    Kylie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our first date was perfect. It was everything I could of imagined. He picked me up from work and made me dinner after we ended up talking for hours about everything. Just talking and laughing. It was magical.
  • Amanda
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First night was pretty cool.

Best was third date - and I had my bestie join. We went to a local bar I had actually never been to before...and had a few beers, I got up the nerve to dance and it was like a movie. The whole bar circled around us and started clapping.....he's a GOOD dancer. Hahahaha.

These dates were all BEFORE I left. (If you've been following the story!)

Some memorable ones from when I first got back too.

• Meaggan
    Newbie June 2018 Ontario
    Meaggan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our first dates were great, movies, fireworks, and a picnic
  • C
    Curious January 2017 Alberta
    Charlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our first dates were easy...we are both easy going and could talk about anything...and laughed a lot
  • Lindsay
    Curious December 2016 Ontario
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our first few dates went well. we were both so young and nervous so the first date we met at a pub for drinks with a couple friends, it obviously went well because our next date was at a drive in theatre... and the rest is history.
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Adorable!!!

• Rory
    Frequent user August 2017 British Columbia
    Rory ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were so young, but i remeber that i was on cloud nine. Our first date as adult was like the most perfect time, we clicked right away, as if no time had passed but time had passed to make us mature and at the same point in our lives.

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's sweet Dionne! Smiley heart His birthday was your first date? Where did you bring him? Smiley winking Did you go to the movies or restaurant?

• Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was very cautious -reserved but it was a great first meeting we had some similar interests but we enjoyed each others company.
  • Dionne
    Beginner May 2023 Ontario
    Dionne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our first date was actually on his birthday. I thought it would be amazing if I brought him out for his birthday and I truly didn't mind paying for it. He was absolutely surprised and amazed at what I did for him
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Sam!Smiley smile
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our first dates were awesome! We had a "1.5" date where he came over and made smores with me and my sisters. (It didn't count as a full second date. We just didn't want to wait to see each other again until our second date!) I love that he immediately fit in with me and my family and wasn't concerned about meeting them "too early." I'm very much a believer that things are only a big deal if you make them a big deal so I've never thought meeting the family was a big deal. If you're going to be with someone, they should be able to hang out and fit in with your family so wouldn't you rather want to know that early on? (Also my family is definitely the "more the merrier" type and we like bringing in new people.) I also got to celebrate his birthday with him only 3 weeks into dating!

On one of our first few dates, he took me out to dinner somewhere that was a surprise and it turned out to be this street lined with food trucks! It was so much fun to visit each truck and get a variety of foods. Def one of our favourite memories. And the pic below was our very first pic together from that date! (We were such babies!)

One of our first dates

One of our first dates

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aw that's a keeper if he is willing to go Christmas shopping with you! Smiley winking

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aw that is the best! Smiley heart So cute!

• Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They were perfect! A lot of movies, we bowled a few times, it was purely perfect
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a good variety since we just enjoy spending time together. We met for coffee twice then went out for supper and since I was pretty sure he wasn't too sketchy I invited him back to my house to watch TV. From there we ate most suppers together talked on the phone A LOT and had some really great weekend dates, we went to the zoo, to the Glenbow museum. He came Christmas shopping with me (I am not a relaxed pick things up as I see them kind of Christmas Shopper, I make a list and buy for everyone in one day usually in December when there is only a few days left) even though he had only had about 3 hours of sleep and insisted on carrying everything. Smiley smile

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did a lot of movies! We would either go and buy movies from the store and stay in and eat some snacks, or we would go to the theatre and play the games there because I always won in air hockey.... even to this day I always win (I use to own an air hockey table)!

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our first dates were awesome and it we just kept wanting to get to know each other. I remember we would call each other almost every night to catch up and my mom could hear me laughing. She would say, " your speaking to Gus?" I would say yes, "tell him I said hi!"
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HA! Awkward and funny Smiley smile

Good memories of weird home cooked meals (he was trying to impress, it was scary) and some fun adventures, and embarassing incidents.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics