Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tracy
Curious September 2018 Quebec

How to politely turning down a vendor?

Tracy, on April 19, 2017 at 10:41 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6

I've been meeting a couple of wedding venues and have already picked the one for next year's wedding. What do I say to the others to let them know I won't be needing them?

Thanks!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 30, 2018 at 14:41
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can say we appreciate your time and patience. We have decided not to book wih you.
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Tracy!

I’m so happy you meet you here! I think the other girls are right. You don't need to tell them the reason.

How is the planning going? Smiley heart

I made this discussion today. I think you will like it.

Gift for your bridesmaids

Let me know. xx

• Tracy
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Written by Chelsea:

When I was looking at venues, I went to see a total of 10. I just sent out e-mails to everyone and said we really appreciated you showing us around and for taking the time to give us all of that information but due to (listed a bunch of things), we have booked somewhere else. We said things like due to our budget, due to travel time, due to us wanting a venue with everything included etc. They all wished us the best of luck. One lady even keeps in touch with me still as she wants to see our wedding photos and offered any help we may need even though we didn't book with her! Most vendors understand that you will be looking at multiple venues before picking one.

Thanks Chelsea!

• Tracy
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Written by Corina:

I said very similar to Chelsea but I dont think your obligated to tell them why! the venues will understand Smiley smile just say "thankyou for your time but we have chosen to go a different direction"

Thanks Corina!

• Corina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Corina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I said very similar to Chelsea but I dont think your obligated to tell them why! the venues will understand Smiley smile just say "thankyou for your time but we have chosen to go a different direction"

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When I was looking at venues, I went to see a total of 10. I just sent out e-mails to everyone and said we really appreciated you showing us around and for taking the time to give us all of that information but due to (listed a bunch of things), we have booked somewhere else. We said things like due to our budget, due to travel time, due to us wanting a venue with everything included etc. They all wished us the best of luck. One lady even keeps in touch with me still as she wants to see our wedding photos and offered any help we may need even though we didn't book with her! Most vendors understand that you will be looking at multiple venues before picking one.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics