I have never had a wedding before so I need help to plan it

7 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on July 2, 2020 at 15:59
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The planner on here is great way click the task done as you complete it making one less thing to do. Internet does have wedding planner available according to different checklists. Some do need to be downloaded or printed if you want to write in the lines.

You choice of how to make the budget based on the guest count and the essentials for the décor will make or break the bank. I did online shopping saved a lot than retail shopping and returning items if they didn't meet your standard. Companies may allow you keep the item and refund you the money back. This was my way of getting small things and looking for favours in retail only. Décor can be rented than purchased to cut down the cost and be returned after the event. It does save on the space for storing and reselling.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely start with budget. You don't want to get overwhelmed wondering how you are going to pay for it. This should be fun. Once you know how much you have everything gets easier. Guest list was the next thing we worked on to know how many people we wanted there. Find venues that can accommodate your budget and the amount of people you want. How much do you want to do yourself? Pinterest is great for ideas. Good luck.
  • Marissa
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For me it was hard to proceed with planning until I knew how many people we were going to invite, the date, budget, and venue location.

The next immediate thing I booked after figuring out those first few things was our photographer and officiant.
    Also it's nice to choose who will be in your bridal party early in the planning process. After that, I started booking my appointments to try on wedding dresses.
    Other things you may want to book or arrange over time is your caterer, wedding cake/dessert person, florist, decoration rentals, music, transportation, hair & makeup, bridesmaid dress appointment(s), and figuring out save the dates/invitations.
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found the checklist on here was really helpful. If you google wedding budgets there should be articles giving you recommendations on how much to spend on each section fo your wedding (ie: 3% to stationary, 40% to food/reception). It helped to give us a starting point and then we rearranged the money to where we thought it was more important. After that decide where you might like it or if you want any sort of theme and then things sort of snowball out from there. Dont stress about it, try and have fun Smiley smile.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We started with the budget, the number of people we wanted/were comfortable with, and the things that were most important to us. I found that these were related. If we wanted a lot of people we needed a bigger budget. Or if we wanted really good food *and* a fancy photographer we needed a bigger budget. Once you know the things that matter most to both of you you can start to build your own day. If anyone is helping to pay you should get an idea of how much they're willing to chip in so you can build the budget accordingly.

For me photos were the most important, and a small guest list and small budget were important to my fiance. We decided to do a Friday evening wedding so we don't need to feed everyone a full meal which saves us thousands. We also aren't having a cash bar because my friends can drink enough to bankrupt us. Because of covid we're having our ceremony this year and our reception next year so that added a little photography cost, but it put off the venue/appetizers/cake/decor costs for a year.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The articles on here are the best place to start to get some research on what type of wedding you want and how to achieve that. First look over the articles, then consult the checklist available here. That will give you a good idea of what you have to do. And as always, if you have specific questions, don’t hesitate to ask!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What do you need help with?

You should start figuring out what kind of venue you would like and how many people you are going to have at your wedding. That will help with determining how big your venue needs to be. Then I would start with your big vendors like Photographer, DJ, Florist, Cake Wedding Coordinator if you're wanting one & your Officiant. These people usually fill up fast for dates.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics