Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Newbie May 2022 British Columbia

How to pick a veil?!

Emily, on January 22, 2022 at 22:15 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 12
My dress is lace and slightly glittery. I can’t decide between a pearl studded veil, a lace veil, or a plain veil… what would look best? What would you do?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Alyx, on February 16, 2022 at 23:56
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If your unable to try your dress on with veils right now , what helped me was I went of the designer of my dress Instagram page and went to their tagged photos and looked at real brides with the same dress. I was able to decide on jewelry I liked veil and hair style!

I live in a small town in BC so I was 7 hours away from any mall or stores to try on veils on.
    But if you are able to try on your dress with your veil it will definitely help seeing the real thing!
    In my personal opinion I think Pearl studded veils go nicely with a simple plain white dress. A dress with lots of lace or sparkle looks nice with a cathedral tulle veil with or without sparkle looks beautiful either way
  • Allison
    Frequent user October 2022 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm obsessed with pearl studded veils but it's hard to say without seeing your dress. Unfortunately I think my dress is too busy to handle a pearl veil but I'm strongly considering ordering a short pearl one to wear at my bridal shower and bachelorette 😁
  • É
    Newbie September 2022 Ontario
    Émilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dress is lace with bling as well and i thought the plain veil looked best with it! It surprised me but I found it just brought everything together nicely!!

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

IMO the ideal veil would either have matching lace as the dress or a plain one.... too many patterns is never good....

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If possible, you should take your dress with you when you buy! My best friend did this and was so helpful for her to pick her accessories (she bought a belt and veil when we went looking)

But if this isn't an option, I agree with everyone, I think simple is best, so your dress can shine!

• Erynn
    Newbie July 2022 British Columbia
    Erynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Depends how busy your dress is. If it doesn’t already have pearls I would not add something to your veil unless it is something already on your dress. Simple is always safer and will not look overdone
  • Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A plain one is the safest option. A pearl studded one can work with some dress styles. The lace one would have to match the lace on your dress or else it might not look good.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It all depends on what you like the best for yourself! Try some on with your dress.

I bought my veil when I picked up my dress from the bridal store. This is my dress and I went with a simple veil with jewels around the edge

How to pick a veil?! 1

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think I would go with a plain one. I think too many patterns and elements start to take away from each other.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would go with a plain simple veil to not take away from the dress and to not add another different element/design (unless you can perfectly match the lace).
  • BreddGar
    Curious March 2023 Greater London
    BreddGar ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancee wants to choose a veil with pearls. She loves jewelry.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you can find a veil with a similar lace pattern, I'd go with that! I've always loved lace dresses with lace veils

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics