Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chantelle
Newbie October 2018 Saskatchewan

How to pick a dj

Chantelle, on January 20, 2018 at 01:09 Posted in Wedding reception 0 8

How do you pick a DJ if you have never heard them or been to an event they have played at?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 27, 2018 at 12:15
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Search online and read reviews based on customer feedback. Give them a call and see what they offer based on the packages. They should have sample music that can be provided by email. There was something brought to my attention when i had booked my dj, that is being certified and proof of certificate.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We decided to forgo having a DJ and doing it ourselves. We uploaded a bunch of music to an iPod and hooked it up to our sound system. It worked really well and cost us nothing.

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're doing it basically ourselves. We've both done it before for different things and have a friend managing the programming so it will be a lot cheaper.
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I google searched a bunch while asking for recommendations on a Facebook post as well (I'm part of a city Facebook group). Once I had a handful of names, I gave them a call for prices and from there had two in mind. We picked based on how personable they were and asked to listen to a short mix so we can get a better feeling for them.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Check reviews. Facebook wedding groups are a great place to ask for recommendations!

• Rebecca
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    DJ’s should have mixes they make regularly that they can send you. If not, let them know what genres you’re interested in having and get them to make you a small mix. I had a couple DJ’s do that for me !
  • Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ask your venue about dj recommendations.
    Referrals from friends. I read a lot of reviews online as well. But it helped that I had a couple friends recommend the same person. You can request a meeting/consult with them too.
  • Sidni
    Frequent user July 2018 Saskatchewan
    Sidni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We chose our DJ based on recommendations from our photographer. We figured that they have been to a lot of weddings so they must see a lot. They offered us a list of recommended vendors for hair, decor, makeup, cake, DJ, etc. It was very helpful, so if you have your photographer booked I would try to ask them to see if they have advice. After we had the list we went through online reviews and chose the DJ based on the reviews on the Facebook page for his business.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics