Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marissa
Frequent user October 2021 Alberta

How to incorporate mother's wedding dress

Marissa, on May 16, 2019 at 15:32 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 10
Hello! I have been given free rein of both my mother's wedding dress and my moh's wedding dress. I am interested in ideas of how to incorporate the dress or both dresses into our wedding. I'm interested to know what other brides have done or ideas anyone has!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Marissa, on June 19, 2019 at 14:15
  • Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nice that's a neat idea too! That's so cute that your dog will be the ring bearer. We have thought about having our dog included but we aren't certain she'll behave herself she gets nippy if she's overwhelmed

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our ring bearer will be our dog and I was thinking of using some of the material from my MIL's dress to use as the pillow for the rings.

• Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oops I meant mil instead of moh guess I'm not good at the wedding lingo
  • Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. That's a really neat and unique idea with the heart shaped fabric sewn to the inside. I will certainly post an update after my dress appointment - I have an appointment booked with a store I like in August, and I hope they don't mind me bringing in these dresses!

• Amie
    Devoted August 2019 British Columbia
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My mom passed away unexpectedly and suddenly two years ago. To honour her, I’m having her wedding dress made into a dress for my rehearsal dinner. I’m also having a heart shaped piece of fabric sewn into the interior of my dress, over my heart.

That may may be something you could do? I’ve seen others use the material from dresses for their bouquet also.

Let us know what you decide!
  • Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Veil would be a great idea I'll definetly talk to a seamstress or someone and see if they have recommendations Smiley smile

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend is using the train of her mother's dress as her veil! I have also seen some people get some of the lace taken off the mother/grandmother's dress and have it sewn onto their dress in different spots. You can also talk to your seamstress about different ideas!

• Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love the bouquet wrap idea thanks!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Although I am not going to be using my Mom's dress or veil - the thought did occur to me so what I was thinking about doing was taking the veil and putting sleeves on my dress (she had a cathedral length veil of course). That or like Carly suggested - use her dress as a wrap for the flowers Smiley smile

• Carly
    Curious September 2020 British Columbia
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My plan is to cut a piece off my grandmothers dress (my mom didn't keep her dress) and wrap that around me flowers. It will also act as my something old.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics