Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Y
Newbie July 2021 Saskatchewan

How to find out my budget!?

Ysabel, on July 9, 2019 at 15:31 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
So I’m getting married in 2021.
I’m not sure how to figure out even a regular budget so I am completely lost on how to figure out a wedding budget and how much goes to what. Please help! 😊

8 Comments

Latest activity by Seleena, on July 9, 2019 at 23:27
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re welcome! Happy hunting 🙂
  • Y
    Ysabel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks hun! This really helped! 😊
  • Y
    Ysabel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, Chelsea!
    Yes that’s so funny! Crazy how small the world is!! 😄
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You have lots of time to figure this out, which is the best part! Start saving your money while you can!

1. Decide how many guests you would like - more guests = more $$$

2. Decide if you want an all inclusive venue or not

3. Photography is a huge expense, you can go with a photog in training/student photog if you aren't super concerned with having 'perfect' pictures

4. If you are going with lower end of a budget, Facebook buy and trade groups are HEAVEN!

Me and FH have been setting aside around $600 per month for the past little while and have saved up enough money to pay for our whole wedding. Do you want to have a huge, elaborate wedding with the huge expense? Do you want a smaller, more intimate wedding with just close family and friends? Do you want to elope with just your parents or just your partner?

You have lots of decisions to make, but you got this girl!

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Ysabel! Congratulations on your engagement! As far as your budget, a lot of it comes down to who’s paying for what. For us, we knew we would be paying for the wedding mostly ourselves and we knew we didn’t want to go into debt for our wedding. We chose to have a 2 years engagement and looked at how much we could save monthly, added that all up and there was our budget! I would also decide where your priorities lie - we decided we wanted to make sure we could have delicious food and a toonie bar!

Also, this is maybe so weird, but I’m originally from Prince Albert and your name is pretty unique, so I think we’ve met and you’re engaged to one of my elementary school friends!!! Small world!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your budget is totally up to you. Some people have $10,000 weddings or less, others over $50,000.

your venue, food and alcohol will eat up the majority of your cost. Think of what kind of wedding you want, location wise, etc. and you’ll get a few quotes to give you a starting point.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

WW Budget allows you to set a budget and to input the amounts of all your purchases online. It will automatically calculate your spending vs. your budget. Try it out and see what you want to get and compare prices when shopping around to not go over the amount set.

I used it and found it great and way less than what I anticipated. Looking at vendors and renting décor and backdrop was less than purchasing the real thing saving tons.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For me and my FH we first had to see how much we had in our savings, how much we have available on our line of credit, and we didn't take our credit cards into consideration so that we weren't COMPLETELY in debt or anything. We also knew we would make money at our Wedding Social.

On top of that we just don't want to be spending $30,000-$50,000 for one day of our lives....

Without giving too much of our financials away - we ended up at the number of $20,000 for a budget, but enough in the bank that we could go as high as $25,000 without it being that big of a deal.

You also have to consider what you want...

$$$ vs. $

all inclusive or separate vendors

in the city or outside the city

rent everything or DIY

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics