Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tasha
Curious April 2019 Alberta

How to find a wedding band to fit with my engagement ring?

Tasha, on May 29, 2018 at 14:10 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 17

My ringHow to find a wedding band to fit with my engagement ring? 1

I absolutely adore the ring that my fiance picked out. It's simple and unique and so me.

However, we're a little stuck as to how/where to find a band that will fit with/around it? I love that it's a unique ring, but that does come with it's own set of complications haha

17 Comments

Latest activity by Lyla, on June 6, 2018 at 17:37
  • Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had a tricky ring as well... I went to roughly 12 stores before I found the perfect fit, I think that’s really all you can do to be 100% certain. And be firm! Don’t let the sales people sway your opinion or price point.
  • Kay
    Devoted September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Kay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have this ring, and I was worried about being able to find a band that will fit nicely. And I don't care much for super curvy bands.

Engagement RingHow to find a wedding band to fit with my engagement ring? 2

But this band below fits PERFECTLY. I didn't think that it would be enough of a contour, but it actually fits snugly and seems like it was meant for my e-ring. (I'm getting my wedding band in rose gold, though!)

Wedding BandHow to find a wedding band to fit with my engagement ring? 3

I think you just need to go into some stores, see if anything stock works for your ring, and if not, you may just need to go the custom route!

• B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is what mine look like together. I chose a stackable ring for my Wedding band for a few reasons. It’s different and I think they go well and look good together. Good luck! Also, my wedding band was WAY cheaper then my Engagement ring!

How to find a wedding band to fit with my engagement ring? 4
  • Helen
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Helen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is exactly my thinking. We travel a lot outside of NA , and I don't want to be flashy (or lose it drunk on the beach) so that is definitely a concern. When we went to MX I sent mine for sizing, but I would have still worn my band. Plus when I get old I may not be as fussed and want to go simple.

• Tasha
    Tasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Beautiful ring! And yes, I think I agree, and I'm probably going to just go with a simple wedding band

• Tasha
    Tasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You know what, that's a good point. We had talked about leaving the "diamond" at home like if we go on vacation or something, and having me just wear the wedding band. I think I'd rather have a regular band if I'm wearing it solo. I forgot about that haha

• Helen
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Helen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Funny, my e-ring has a standard diamond covered band, and I am looking at getting a unique wedding band that looks a lot like your e-ring band.

I think our rings are going to be beautiful! I an staying away from the curved bands as I want the option to wear it solo and I don't like that look.

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine is a difficult shape too! I tried on some D-shaped bands and some irregular ones but I actually found that my favourite was a simple wedding band. It jsnt going to hug my engagement ring, but they go so well together that I dont even careSmiley smile

How to find a wedding band to fit with my engagement ring? 5
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love your ring! Very beautiful Smiley smile, I think a simple gold band would look good with your ring, or get one custom made.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm worried I'll have a hard time too. My ring is his grandmothers and it's 40+ years old! So the gold is not as new and crisp as it used to be, it's genuinely vintage. I have the matching wedding band, but I'm not a huge fan. I may see if someone can use it to create a custom, if not then I want to get a new one. Finding a brand new ring to match and look nice with an old ring may be hard.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You may have to have one custom made.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your ring is lovely! I have a "twisty" band too and finding a matching band can be tough. It depends if you want a close fit or not.

You could go with a simple gold band, or the custom route so that it fits in snug. Many designers will make these types of rings into sets so you should contact the store/designer this came from to check! That's what I did for mine. The bottom part of it is the wedding band.

How to find a wedding band to fit with my engagement ring? 6

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My ring is very similar. I tried on a bunch of wedding bands and found that a D-shaped band fit the best. It takes a bit of looking to find the perfect one, but it's out there somewhere!

How to find a wedding band to fit with my engagement ring? 7
  • M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A custom ring is needed. A jacket style or ring enhancer style would go nicely. Also consider getting a curved wedding band to fit the shape of the engagement ring.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Pretty! I believe your best bet would be to see if the store where the ring was purchased has a band that matches it but if not then custom is the way to go. That's what we did for mine. Since I proposed to him I was able to have my engagement ring custom made and we will have the designer make the band to go with it as well as his wedding band so the 2 bands match.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would see if the jeweler where your ring was purchased can make a band to match your engagement ring.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations on your engagement! Going to a custom jeweler would likely be your best bet (if not the jeweler your fiancé purchased it from) so that you can get a wedding band made to fit your engagement ring.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics