Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rebecca
Beginner August 2023 Nova Scotia

How to dress a Bridesman

Rebecca, on July 4, 2022 at 19:48 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 3
I have a Bridal party of 6. Five are women and one is my best guy friend. I've decided to go with the colour Gem for dresses and all of my ladies have dresses! But I'm really stuck on what to do with my Bridesman. I don't want him to match the Groomsmen too much. Ideally I would find a gem dress shirt for me but I'm at a loss to find one because the colour is so specific. What did you do? Should I have him go with Neutrals and gem accessories? Go with my groom and get matching Groomsmen attire? Custom make a gem shirt?? HELP LOL

3 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on July 5, 2022 at 02:20
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Another option is a teal suit or sports coat/dinner jacket.

• Rebecca
    Beginner August 2023 Nova Scotia
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahaha I totally forgot to specify! Gem is a dark teal. So a beautiful blue-green. I like the boutonniere idea a lot! A nice light coloured shirt for summer and some teal accessories could also look nice maybe?
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What is "gem?" I always find these made up colour names funny.

If you're going the shirt route, I don't think you need to completely match your bridesmaid dresses. Trying to find an affordable yet comfortable shirt in the exact shade of those made up colours would be a nightmare lol. Just find a shirt that coordinates with it. Common shirt colours include white, grey, navy, light blue, pink, purple, and brown but many retailers also sell seasonal colours like green, red etc (just don't get anything that would look like it belongs in an 80s club lol).

Also, if your groomsmen are coordinating with your bridesmaids, nothing wrong with him dressing similar to a groomsmen. You can always switch some small details to identify him as the bridesman like having a boutonniere to match your bridesmaid corsages instead of a pocket square for the rest of the gents.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics