Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jamie
Curious May 2022 Ontario

How to deal with the drama that goes along with wedding.

Jamie, on December 25, 2019 at 23:49 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6
I find that people keep telling me it's all about me. I don't agree it's about both of us. I suggested his sisters to walk him down aisle and then bridal the party. They say it's all about me and he goes there first doesn't need anyone to walk down. Anytime I voiced my opinion I get shut down without even completing on what am saying. It's is truly frustrated that my opinion doesn't matter but they say it's all about the bride.. but what I plan is out of question

6 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on December 30, 2019 at 11:51
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh man this sucks. you need to be firm in what you tell people. tell them you want them to walk him down the isle as well!!

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh I feel you! People can be so opinionated about weddings! We learned quickly that our opinion is what matters so we stopped consulting our families because we didn’t want unsolicited opinions. People are fine with it either way but I’ve noticed the less you tell, the less they learn to ask after a while and the less negativity you hear
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would wait for another time when it's just you and you FH alone to bring up your concerns or thoughts. Let others peoples suggestions go in the wind. You can hear them out. But you do not have to agree by any means. Also you can say, I will discuss this later with my FH and get back to this subject.

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If they are responding this way,
    I’d suggest stop telling them your ideas. The opinions that matter are you and your FH - if he likes your idea (and I think it’s great!), go for it! It’s his day too!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your plan for the family wedding is all how you want to do it and who to be part of it. When the families get together, let them what you are wanting and get your FH on board woth you.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ultimately it is your day. And by your I mean you and your fiance. Do what will make you happy even if it ruffles feathers!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics