Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Krystal
Curious August 2018 British Columbia

How to ask for no small children at a wedding

Krystal, on March 6, 2018 at 10:37 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4
So im just in the process of doing our invitations up and trying to figure out how to ask for no small children at our wedding. I have a son who will be 9 at the time we get married and brothers who are 11 and 13 so I can't say adults only. What is another way of asking for no kids under 9? Thanks in advance for all your adviceSmiley smile

4 Comments

Latest activity by Breanne, on March 8, 2018 at 12:25
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Krystal

We are having an adults only (with the exception of FH niece and nephew who will have a part in the wedding)

We just sent out save-the-dates before the invites and rather than put it on the actual save-the date or invitation I put a handwritten note with each. It was a bit of a task (I think I wrote 20?) but they were all personalized and not generic which I think will be appreciated. Most of them said something along the lines of "While we would love to celebrate with your whole family, we are planning to have an adults only celebration. Please make it a date night" If you have people that you think will ignore that (I have a couple) - I added in "and have limited space" after celebration to hope they get the hint. I've also put a message on the website that it will be adults only in the FAQ section. Honestly most people won't be bothered and will understand that your son & brothers will be there, I would still call it adults only.

So far all of the people with children that we've let know it's adult only are actually excited about having a date night!

I know a no kid wedding definitely doesn't work for everyone but we are looking forward to having a super fun wedding with all those grown ups we love.

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just put no kids permitted on my RSVP page on my website. The youngest we are allowing is 13 as my youngest sister is 13.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the best way is to list on the envelopes who is invited, rather than listing on the invitations who is not. Instead of inviting "The Smith Family" you would address the envelope to "Mr and Mrs Smith" or to "John and Jane Smith". You could even, on the RSVP card, say "__ seats have been reserved in your honour" and write down the number you're inviting.

• Ashley
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Krystal!
    We are only having two children at our wedding and they are my FH cousins and they also part of the wedding. On our invites we put something along the lines of it being an adults only event and as much as we love their kids we want them to enjoy themselves.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics