Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashley
Newbie July 2019 Ontario

How old do you have to be to attend a stag and doe

Ashley, on May 17, 2018 at 18:01 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14
Our stag and doe is March 2019 by then My little sister will be 17 and is one of my bridesmaid and my brother will be 13. They will not be drinking or being near the alcohol or anything for that matter.. would they still be aloud to attend the stag and doe or is it 19+ only.

14 Comments

Latest activity by Geneviève, on June 4, 2018 at 20:08
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I attended my cousin's Stag and Doe when I was 11, but it was also in a restaurant which offered food and non-alcoholic beverages. Depending on the vibe you want or the venue's specifications, Stag and Does can be child-friendly events. If you want it to be adult-only though, feel free. It just depends on what you want.

• B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    19+ Adult only
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It all depends on where you are holding it. If it's in a bar they need to be legal drinking age but if it's in a hall it should be all ages up to a certain time. We had my daughter at ours all evening but ours was only until around 930pm at the latest.

• Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Like everyone said, I would investigate with your venue. Some places even have exceptions for close family. So long as you can reach an agreement that they are going to be clearly marked and not attempt to drink any alcohol then you should be OK.

But always check with the venue, it is the safest bet.

• Jessica
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My sister is 13 and she attended ours, depends on your municipality event policies. We just had to stamp or wristband the people who were of age once they're ID's were checked and they would see that at the bar and know to serve or not to serve. Just check in with the people you are renting the location from and see what they say about it !

Maybe we just got lucky !

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Usually they are 19+ just because of the alcohol and usually a majority of the games are drinking games but if you are going to have games and such for them to enjoy then it shouldn't be a problem to have them there
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Depends on what you do really, both my sisters will be minors (17&14) so we will just be doing simple I think(?). I told my bridesmaids that I would like to include them for part of the day if not all, so I'm sure they will think of something.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If the venue has bands to put on minors, then there shouldn't be an issue. Furthermore, its always good to make the call to your venue to find out their policy on minors attending and then make your decision.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Private venues, it should be permitted. I worked at a pub, and yes, the pub was 19+, but if you rented the back party room, it was considered it's own private space, and for closed events, they could have minors (accompanying parents for school fundraisers and such).

It totally depends on your venue, and a quick phone call will answer that question.

If you're doing it at someone's home, then it's up to your discretion if you want minors there.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with everyone! Depends where you're going! If it's at a place that is 19+ I don't think they would be allowed in. But if it's more of a closed off place or someone home there shouldn't be a problem! Like people said too maybe give out stamps or wristbands to show who is over 19? That can help a lot!
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This would definitely depend on your location and liqueur license. I would look into it further before assuming anything.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    At least that's what I understand what she did, I had no part in the planning process as I live in Alberta but she hosted us one 😊
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did ours in Ontario, my mom called the liquor board and they said that they were allowed to be there (I think the stipulation was that they had to help (with games or something - I don't think they collect money though) and they had to be clearly marked and the bartenders had to knew who they were and they had to be "supervised".
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Depends what the rules are like where you are hosting it, but at my brothers stag and doe he had under aged people, but then everyone over 19 had to wear bracelets once they were ID’d (the bartender wouldn’t ID people)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics