Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amber
Newbie July 2018 Ontario

How much do you have to spend on your bridesmaids?

Amber, on March 18, 2017 at 21:43 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
The wedding planning is coming along, its pretty expensive as it is. I love my 6 bridesmaids but I have no idea what to get them as gifts, or how much to spend since we're on a budget

10 Comments

Latest activity by Emilie, on March 21, 2017 at 14:20
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Amber, it really depends on every person's situation. You can also see Rachel's discussion today: How much to spend on bridesmaids or these gift ideas: Bridesmaids gifts What were you thinking of giving them originally?

• Tiffany
    Frequent user September 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am planning on getting them terraniums and a hand-written letter. Might add in one or two mor things though.

I personally don't think it's required to get them a gift, but I do want to show my appreciation towards them.

If it's not in your budget it's fine, at least make/get a card and write a hand written letter to show them how much you care Smiley smile

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've purchased necklaces for my girls so far but don't really care for them so I'm unsure if I'll use them. We are buying the guys ties and likely a pair of socks or something and for the girls I'm not sure yet. I like the idea of the matching robes.

• April
    Devoted July 2018 Nova Scotia
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am thinking bracelets for my ladies and ties for the men
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Smiley heart Yes. I everything you said in here!
  • Brittany
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Of course not. A gift is a nice token of appreciation but I didn't NEED a gift. The honour of being part of her big day was enough. My dress was only $20 for her wedding because she let us pick our own. The other girls paid more but I spent what I could afford on a dress I loved (and wear often) but I did take a week off work to help her set up, as did my fiancee (boyfriend at the time). We saw it as a mini vacation kinda but realistically I lost more income than anyone would ever spend on a dress because I paid for my own food the whole week because we were the only vegans, plus the gas because there was so much running around to do. I would do it all again, even if I knew I wouldn't receive a gift at the end. She's my best friend and that's what friends do. Your bridesmaids will understand you're on a budget. Be thoughtful, write a letter, give them soemthing that means something to you and they will be grateful!
    Sorry for the long message!
  • Louise
    Devoted September 2017 Quebec
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Spend as much as you are comfortable spending. I am sure they will appreciate the thought no matter how much you spend.
    I am making my girls personalised hangers, buying robes and I got them a pearl pendant necklace from Etsy.
  • Amber
    Newbie July 2018 Ontario
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Did you care about how much they had spent on it for you? Even though you had to pay for your own dress
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it's up to you how much you spend. I'm sure they will appreciate the thought that goes into whatever gift you get them.
  • Brittany
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My girls will each be getting a tea cup (free-famoly collection), a personalized hanger I made myself ($15 for materials for 5 hangers), a hankie ($3). My girls will be spending $100 for dress, hair and makeup. Our guys are getting a pocket watch ($6). I think we will write them each a nice letter, but honestly I think people over spend all the time. I'd love to give them each a custom robe or something more extravagant but I just can't. When I was maid of honor my best friend gave us each a pair of slippers and a compact mirror from the dollar store, and a $4 robe.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics