Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nicole
Curious October 2023 Manitoba

How much do you have planned so far???

Nicole, on December 6, 2022 at 20:33 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 23
I’m about 317 days out and we’ve booked:

-Venue-Catering -Photographer -DJ-I bought my dress-Had our engagement party-finalized our wedding parties
I think that’s everything I‘ve done so far! But how far out are you all to your wedding and what do you have booked?! Smiley smile

23 Comments

Latest activity by Kaitlin, on January 7, 2023 at 03:27
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi there,

Those are the big ones to book right away, awesome job. Another thing to book in advance is transportation if you want a limo service for your wedding party or just you as a couple. Or a shuttle service to and from accommodations. The more in advance you book the better the prices.

I would also start considering booking a time to have your wedding party look at dresses. Weekend appointments are prime times. I did my appointment a year in advance as it took a couple to a few months to have the dresses come in. You don’t have to do that so early like me but it definitely put my mind at ease.

Then I would look into florists, although we are now into the same year as your wedding the prices would be the same as you book now verses a few months from now, you still want to lock in a vendor.

Those are the three I would do next. Things like your:-invitations (Save the Dates and/or Invitations) depend on if you are ordering them online or DIYing them. -if your partner is wearing a suit, you can wait on ordering that in a couple months as it’s usually picked up in store the same day.-wedding favours usually you gather supplies in a few months leading up to it and get them all together a month or weeks before the wedding - depending if it is edible or not.-alternations you do a 2-3 months in advance - book an appointment so you have a time that works best for you. Then the second or final appointment is a couple weeks before your wedding date -depending on how much decor you are doing yourself, you sprinkle that in the months leading up-look at your vendor venue deadlines to make sure your RSVPs are in at the right time to follow their requests for numbers ** I would buy photo albums or scrapbooks right now if sales are still on to get a discount or wait until next boxing week/new years rolls around

Hope this was helpful. I hope your wedding day is wonderful!
  • Nicole
    Beginner March 2023 British Columbia
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You’re crushing it! We are 80 days out, all checked off ☺️
    Just have to get my FH his suit and wedding band and we are good to go.
    Have you hit any road blocks along the way?
  • Jessica
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's amazing!! Congratulations on your engagment!!

My fiance and I booked our venue, officiant, photographer, DJ, MUA and hair stylist with a year and a half in advance! All we really need now are flowers, and a few things to DIY with 162 days left to go!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is quite a list completed and to feel accomplished. The big ticket items are done and out of the way and to get to the final details of colours and decor items for the day.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was 600 days in and had everything all done. Now I am less than a year and just waiting for spring to finalize things with the vendor.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have to agree, the guest list is not my friend

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow That's amazing you have so much done already! Congrats Smiley smile

• Jnnj
    Beginner September 2024 Ontario
    Jnnj ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh 100%!! Locking in dates and pricing and being able to actually get an idea of if you’re on track when it comes to budget. ALSO, i’m an overthinker haha so planning that far ahead gives me peace.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awesome that you've gotten a lot of things booked already! I know my husband and I did the same thing booked way in advance but sometimes booking in advance has its perks!

• Jnnj
    Beginner September 2024 Ontario
    Jnnj ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    644 days. (I know still far) but here’s my list of what we’ve done/booked so far:
    - wedding planner
    - venue & caterer- photographer/videographer- entertainment - Dj & MC- HMUA- we’re catholics, we just finished our marriage prep course
    We still have more to go 😭
  • Nicole
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s amazing ! Sounds like you are ready to go woohoo Smiley smile I’m trying to finalize our guest list and I think that’s been my least favourite part lol!
  • Stevie
    Frequent user September 2023 Ontario
    Stevie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats everyone! Sounds like you’re doing amazing 🥰
    I’m 269 days away and we’re sorted - Ceremony venue, Reception venue, night of accommodations, our dresses, officiant, photographer, hair & makeup, I’ve ordered my wedding band but still looking for one for my FW.
    Now, I have to focus on the boring stuff - finalizing the guest count, invites, finalizing dress code, decorations, timeline etc… I feel like those small details are where I get lost. Oh well, there’s still quite a bit of time to figure it out!
  • Nicole
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So exciting !! Sounds like you are well on your way Smiley smile
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds like you've been busy as well Lily! Congrats on the engagement and welcome to WeddingWire! We just got our rings the other day and I love them!!!

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Most definitely!!!

• L
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Lily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats!

I'm 255 days out and have all of the major things booked: venue (comes with food/drinks), officiant, florist/decorator, photographer, videographer, music (band), day-of coordinator, transportation, dress is bought (just waiting for it to come in and do alterations)

I've just been slowly getting the little things together: signage, accessories for my dress, decorations that my fiance and I will be bringing, and we'll be getting our rings either this or next month.

• Nicole
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I keep reminding myself that!! You will have to post wedding photos after your wedding so I can see Smiley smile
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Enjoy every minute of it! Trust me, the time flies by. Seems like just yesterday that we got engaged and now we're 5 months away! But yes, super exciting!

• Nicole
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is SO excitinggggg!!! Wow 150 days I’m jealous my wait feels sooo long October can’t come soon enough !
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, almost there LOL. The important stuff is all out of the way. (thank goodness). It's minor things, the personal touches, that still need to be ironed out. Of course alterations in January and our food tasting is going to be in February. Exciting!!!! 150 days to go Smiley sexy

• Nicole
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!! Yes definitely been busy Smiley smile

Our officiant is a family friend and I’m asking him next weekend. Flowers we are going to order from costco and my aunty will be arranging them. Make up/ hair I’m still working on sorting out. And transportation I have not got to yet!
    That’s so exciting you are ready to go! We’re hoping to get save the dates out in January Smiley smile
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats on your engagement. Sounds like you've been busy 😊
    Do you have your Officiant? Flowers? Makeup / Stylist? Transportation?
    I have pretty much everything done except some DIY stuff that will be done during the Xmas break, meeting with florist next month. And wedding invites to go out in January

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics