Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
British Columbia

How much decor for a ceremony?

Brittany, on April 6, 2018 at 00:01 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 14

We are getting married in a building that has a beautiful view, but the room is very plain. How much decor do I really need for the ceremony?

We have opted for no chair covers, as we aren't doing them for the reception either (the chairs are actually quite nice). We also aren't doing additional flowers for decor.

Upstairs is decorated with twinkle lights (permanently, they are included with the venue)... but there isn't really a space for them.

The head of the room (where I'm taking the picture from) has a large floor to ceiling stone fireplace.
How much decor for a ceremony? 1

14 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on April 8, 2018 at 10:14
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm confused about how to decorate my entrance tables too!

Could you do some candles? That might bring in some romantic/WOW vibes? It's a tough call because it's already pretty nice.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think you need to do anything! Maybe something down the aisle but apart from that, let the fireplace be the focal point!

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't worry about decor, the room is very bright and beautiful it's self. All eyes will be on the wedding party anyways.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Here is a photo of a ceremony without decor (facing the fireplace), also no aisle runner, which I will definitely include. And also the reception room upstairs, so you can see what it looks like. As you can see, upstairs has a lot of it's own natural charm/decor (the lights are permanently there). The reception will be after sunset, so it will be dark like this the entire time.

Ceremony SpaceHow much decor for a ceremony? 2

Reception SpaceHow much decor for a ceremony? 3

• Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I do agree that the room is beautiful on its own, I would love to see a picture of the fireplace area? I do think the room could use some soft touches. You want it to feel like a wedding not a conference meeting. You could add some warm fairy lights to match the other room and maybe some flower petals going down the aisle. Various heights of cylinder vases with candles would look pretty. Soft warm candles work with the sunset and it gives a soft look without adding flowers.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, that's definitely more the style we are going for! My mom told me I should get Christmas stuff for decor (lights and stuff), but I was worried about leaving it too last minute... so my mom had to remind me Costco gets their Christmas stuff in September Smiley xd

I know the Christmas clearance sections will be tempting, and I can fill out some more of the decor with that, but I don't want to rely too much on that, as it's less than a month to the wedding from there.

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What about some sort of light branches in a vase kind of like the ones below? Plus I bet there will be tons available before/after Christmas. Might add a little accent as well as frame the two of you without taking too much of the focus

BranchesHow much decor for a ceremony? 4Branches2How much decor for a ceremony? 5

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! Yes, I think for sure I'm going to do the big aisle runner... I've seen pictures of actual ceremonies there and they all have them.

We aren't doing flowers, but I am considering having some of my centrepieces on the fireplace/ signing table, then bring them back upstairs. I'm doing hurricane vases with lights & acorns (January wedding). Our ceremony and reception are in the same building, so I'm just worried that the decor won't make it back upstairs before guests get there.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! We aren't doing flowers. It's January, so I don't think they work for our theme/look, plus I don't love the look of flowers enough for the amount of $$ they cost. But I am thinking of some sort of drapery/greenery/lighting combo or set-up we could do to frame the fireplace!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with some notes below! That is already a lovely area! I would only suggest and isle runner and maybe some bows or small flower arrangements on some of the chairs that are beside the isle to tie in your colours or themes?

I personally wanted to have 2 of my reception centrepieces at the front of the church and then bring them to the hall after, again just to try and tie everything together!

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m all for keeping the ceremony decor simple!

You could do a big floral arrangement on either side of the fireplace and then re-use the arrangements for your reception!
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would do a simple aisle runner and let the fireplace and sunset be the wow factor.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think I will do an aisle runner for sure... I wasn't sure if I should make, rent or buy anything for the front of the room. Something to frame either side of the fire place.

Also I'm not sure what people often use for decor on the signing table? If I'm not doing flowers...

The ceremony may take place around sunset, so if lighting works properly, that itself could be my "wow" factor. Sunset that day is 4.47pm, and we are thinking a 4.30pm ceremony.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What kind of potential décor items were you thinking? Honestly, the room looks fine and if you don't feel the need to decorate it, then leave it be.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics