Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

How much are you spending on alterations?

Emilie, on March 21, 2017 at 11:09 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10

Hey amazing brides-to-be!

You have a budget in mind for your wedding dress, but don't forget to include a little extra for your alterations! Smiley surprise How much had you planned to spend on alterations?

How much are you actually spending on alterations?

How much on alterations?

Image: Pinterest

10 Comments

Latest activity by Emily, on December 17, 2018 at 01:12
  • Emily
    Beginner June 2019 Alberta
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi! I'm looking for advice on wedding dress alterations. I bought my dress off the rack and it fits perfectly through the waist, hips and thighs. It's too large in the bust and needs to be taken in and hemmed as well. I also wanted to adjust the straps to create and off the shoulder look and add just a tiny bit of lace from the hemline to the neckline to bring it up a bit. I've attached an image below of my dress for reference.

I was quoted $680 and I was shocked! I was thinking it would be more in the $300 range. Does this sound like a lot or and I just naive to what wedding dress alterations cost?

Thanks so much!

My Wedding DressHow much are you spending on alterations? 1

• Emma
    Frequent user August 2017 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I spent $300 on alterations. I had a lot done to my wedding dress though. I had my dress go from a halter to straps, had to be taken at the sides of the bust because of that, back panel behind the corset got fixed up, I had the modesty piece moved up, and I also had my dress hemmed since I am not wearing high heals.
  • Sabrina
    Curious July 2017 Ontario
    Sabrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think about $115
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine fit perfectly! All I'm adding to it is a bustle. I still have 444 days to go though before the big day. Hopefully I won't need any alterations before then.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dress fit me like a glove. The only alterations I am planning on having done are some cups sewn into the front of my dress so that the girls have a bit of support and my nips don't show Smiley xd

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a budget of $300 for alterations... It will have to be brought in at the chest and probably let out at the hips plus a bustle... I was quoted $125 for everything from the sales lady.
  • Kenny & Fikayo
    Frequent user April 2017 Alberta
    Kenny & Fikayo ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine has cost about 335 so far. Almost as much as a new dress. It's like being punished for loosing weight. LoL.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not sure how much alterations typically cost but I might not have to do any, if I do I will just be taking the dress in which I'm hoping isn't too expensive
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I remember being advised that is might be under $100.00 as the work is minimal size it's just taking the dress in.
  • Kate
    Expert July 2017 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If I need anything done to my dress , I have my sis in law who will fix it if need be.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics