Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

How much are you paying your photographer?

Emilie, on March 20, 2017 at 11:04 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10

Hey brides and grooms!

Photographer prices can vary quite a bit. It's often one of the main things to plan in our budget. Were you surprised when you saw the prices? Smiley xd

Image: Pinterest

10 Comments

Latest activity by Cheryl, on March 22, 2017 at 15:21
  • Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Seeing these prices make me relieved I have friends! My best friend is doing it for $50!!
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow! These prices are WAY higher than I anticipated.... I haven't started looking at photographers yet but am hoping to find someone for under $800... We only want them out for about 3 hours or so on our wedding day so hopefully thats doable.

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our quotes all came in at around $2400... That was more than we wanted to pay... Fortunately we have a few family friends who are photographers, we will get them to each shoot an aspect of the wedding.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our photographer, aside from our venue, is the most expensive thing we are paying for. I believe he comes to roughly around $3200 but it includes an engagement photo session on that.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our photographer is costing us $1795. This includes an engagement session, a photobooth, 2 photographers the day of for 7 hours. She offers 4 different packages and she allows you to take things out of her packages if you don't want them and you can get the package for a cheaper price, or you can take those things and she will let you have her for a longer period of time the day of the wedding. We also got a discount on the engagement photos because we booked her for our wedding! She has been amazing so far!

• Hayley
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Hayley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got a very good deal from an experienced photographer. 4 hours for $400! 🙂
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was definitely surprised at how much they can cost. I knew it would be at least 800 to 1000$ but in all my searching I found some were charging up to 5000$ which is almost our budget haha. Of course if someone has the money and is willing to pay for it that's great, but we just could not justify paying that much.
    Other than the music, the photography is definitely one of the most important things to me in a wedding so I wanted someone who produced great quality but for something more in our price range. I was surprised that many photographers were already booked for my date as well despite being a year out.
    Eventually we found a really great photographer and her assistant that cost us 1900$ (yikes) and it's for 6 hours. I could have done a cheaper photographer for 10 hours but the quality is just not the same tbh.
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say about $1500.00 for all day photography which includes engagement photo session.
  • Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes, I was very surprised about photography prices!! I had no idea it would be so much. We are paying $2600 for our photographer, which includes 6 hours of her time on the wedding day, minimum 500 edited photos, with "extra attention" editing of 150 photos, back-up USB of images and also complementary engagement photos. I agonized over it for a while because it was a lot more than I expected, so I had to re-adjust my thinking. When I thought about it more and more, I realized that photography was one thing I really didn't want to compromise on because it is really important to me to get good pictures to remember our wedding day. So we put price aside for a bit and considered all the other factors and it really came down to the fact that we love our photographer's style and overall personnality and we just kept going back to her website. So after doing all that research, we're ending up with someone that we feel comfortable with and we're really excited to work with her!

• Rachel
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I expected the place we were going ot be on the higher end but we were totally okay to dish out a bit extra for our photographer as those will be our forever memories and we are not getting a videographer

We get a engagement shoot, two photographers for 11 hours and 1500 edited images and the option to receive a discount on photo books and paying around 5000

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics