Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rachel
Frequent user September 2022 Alberta

How much are you paying for hair and makeup?

Rachel, on January 25, 2021 at 14:10 Posted in Beauty 0 21
I have a friend doing my hair and makeup on site, and we of course are feeding her and a plus one. What is everyone paying for hair and makeup so I know what I should be offering?? I know she will low-ball me but I want to compensate her fairly for her time and talent.

21 Comments

Latest activity by Heather, on January 28, 2021 at 13:18
  • Heather
    Newbie July 2022 British Columbia
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, fair enough! Goward house has a nice ceremony spot but we didn't like the reception area. The main floor is decent but the downstairs is not very nice (in my opinion) - what part of the house would you do the reception? Since we've seen a lot of venues, I could give you some recommendations for nice reception spots - hopefully it doesn't come to that and you can have a beautiful reception at HCP!
  • Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Arbutus Ridge is stunning!!

Yes! I always wanted HCP. We only looked at the HCP and the Goward House. Since we may be only to have a small ceremony on our May day were actually considering doing our reception at the Goward house hopefully in October Smiley smile So we get both picks in one!

I would prefer to have it all in one place on the same day though.. haha.

• Heather
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! I'll look into that. We just decided on Sunday that we're getting married at Arbutus Ridge Golf Course in Cobble Hill. I see you're getting married at HCP? We went to about 8 different venues including HCP (Starling Lane Vineyard, Goward House, The Beach House, Delta Ocean Pointe Hotel, Royal Colwood Golf course, St. Ann's). HCP is beautiful but it was on the high end for our budget.

• Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

For hair I have Dallas from Bride and Beauty - https://www.brideandbeauty.net/

And for Make-up I have Julie from Vixen Brilliance - https://www.vixenbrilliance.com/

Where did you choose for your venue if you dont mind me asking?? I am always curious about fellow Victoria brides Smiley smile Dont see much on here!

• Heather
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nice! Those seem like reasonable prices. Who's doing your makeup/hair? I'm in Victoria too.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One of husbands co worker was a beautician who was at the wedding and did my make up for camera. I asked his boss to help with my moms hair for the day and she didn't mind. Husbands boss was also his MOH who received a perfume sampler box as a gift.

• T
    Curious September 2020 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I paid $170 for hair, makeup, and a tattoo cover up, and included in that price was a trial. She also did my MOH's hair for another $50. She did a great job, came to us, and didn't even mind that we needed her to be there super early.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

When my fiancee had her makeup and hair stylist contracted, she was going to pay $400 and that's mid-high end GTA-based pricing. The artist would've come to her. been in the 300 range. And that's already factoring in her bridesmaids (some artists charge more for bridal only makeup when they can't make revenue off bridesmaids and moms).

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm paying 225 for my makeup which also comes with a trail

My hair is being done by my auntie who's a hairstylist for Albert Film And Television! She's insisting to do it for free but I've already decided to get her a bottle of her favorite wine and a wine glass that says Best Aunt (which I found at winners Smiley laugh ) as a thank you!

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It will be just for me, I only have a maid of honor and she wanted to do her own makeup but will decide about her hair later on if she wants it done.
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    $1600 for hair and makeup for myself and 6 bridesmaids. That includes tip and them coming to us. I am using a salon so there is more than one hair and makeup artist as well.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is this friend doing the entire bridal party's makeup and hair, or just you?

• Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I personally paid $200 plus a tip for my bridal hair. But that was on the higher end. My maid of honour did my makeup. I would just ask her what she charges, and leave her a nice tip or a gift Smiley smile
  • Kimberly
    Curious November 2021 Manitoba
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m in Winnipeg and I’m paying $90 for make-up and $100 for hair. (I have VERY thick and long hair)
  • Patricia
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hair $75 and makeup $80
  • A
    Curious May 2021 Ontario
    Angie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

$160 for my makeup

$160 for my hair

Im also paying for hair and makeup for my bridal party and mom + mother in law, which is $150 each for both hair and makeup per person...

in total paying approx $1500 for everyone including myself. They are called fancyface and come onsite to your home

• Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know! I thought the same thing! I was like geeze if im going to be paying THAT much Id rather do it myself haha.

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh thats awesome! I'm glad it worked out for you and your party! I'll definitely peek around at local mobile artists and see what their rates are! I'm a little surprised salons cost more, I would have thought the opposite!
  • Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am in Victoria BC. I had to do some searching. She will be coming to the place I am getting ready at. I found that booking salons to do it was WAY more expensive. I was quoted for just myself by ne that it would be over $400 dollars. I ended up paying my girls in full (Myself, 3 ladies, 2small girls and my mom) and it was $405 TOTAL. Some people charge way to much in my opinion so I am so happy I found her and shes great at what she does!

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh thats not nearly as much as I expected. Where are you located? And would you be going to a salon or would they come to you?
  • Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I originally had a friend that was going to do my hair as well as the bridal party and she was going to charge me $65 for bridal hair. I ended up booking another girl and for just bridal hair its $95. I believe my make up for bridal is $70ish dollars. so in total it will be around $165ish and of coarse tip on top. I budgeted for $200.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics