Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rebecca
Beginner August 2023 Nova Scotia

How many Maids of Honour is too many?

Rebecca, on January 9, 2022 at 15:00 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
So I'm planning on asking of total of 6 people to be in my Bridal Party. My fiancé already knows who he wants as his best man. My problem is that all of my friends come in pairs of two. Two childhood bests friends. Two university friends. Two adulthood friends. I found it impossible to choose just one MOH so I'm going to ask my two childhood best friends to both be a MOH. How many MOHS did you have/are going to have? How did you decide? How can I efficiently balance my two maids with his one best man??

Would love to hear your stories and advice!!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on February 5, 2022 at 18:15
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Two MOHs is good enough to have than going overboard with more than that number. You have a interesting way of pairs to fit your wedding party and that's unique. Its great you chose who you wanted and happy with your decision.

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Rebecca,
    I personally don’t see anything wrong with two MOH should you really love the idea about it. I have seen quite a few weddings with two bridesmaid walking down the aisle with one groomsman. So there isn’t a difference.

I was not planning to have a bridal party, since I was going to have a small wedding. Then my sisters decided for me that I was having one and selected themselves. Haha. So when that happened, I was having a hard time choosing my MOH as well with a few friends choices. But then I saw my sister (I’m the oldest, so she’s the second) and all the planning she was assisting with and thought she was the real MVP. Haha. So I made her my MOH. Haha.
  • Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There isn't any rules on how many people or MOH one should have in their bridal party. It's really up to you! I have two MOH (best friend and little sister) and 1 Matron of honor (she is getting married 2 months before me and my best friend). It just worked out and the bridal party has 6 girls in total (3 bridesmaids). My fiancé has one BM and it doesn't matter if I have 3 MOH! Everything balances out with 5 groomsmen. Even if your bridal party is uneven with the guys and ladies, it won't matter and will still be fun and look good in pictures! As long you are surrounded by your people.
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have seen some "tips" saying have 2 MOH is a nice addition! This way, one person doesn't have as much on their plate.

I agree with Carmel, there is too much "what should be done" or "what is tradition" YOU DO YOU!!! You want 2, go for it. Uneven number, go for it! lol

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A Maid of Honour is just a title. Nothing more. People who feel entitled to an arbitrary title need to get over themselves and off their high horse but I digress.

That being said, the MOH is typically one of the two witnesses who signs the marriage certificate. If you're planning on doing that with your Best Man and Maid of Honour, one of them will feel like the more official one anyway. So if your intent was to make them equal so they don't get offended, you'll need to take that into consideration.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I honestly think we overthink the wedding parties. It's your decision and whatever you want to do will work! Ask them both because it's what you want and that's that 🙂 (it's all just titles....)
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think since you're having a larger bridal party, you should be ok with 2 MOH! I personally wouldn't worry about the uneven number for MOH and BM. Don't forget, it's your wedding day and if you want to have 2 MOH's then go for it! I only have my MOH standing up for me and my fiance has only his BM standing up for him.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH is having 2 MOH in her bridal party of 6. I think when you have a larger bridal party having 2 is totally okay! I'm also having 2 in my bridal party of 4. I don't think you really need to worry about balancing 2 MOH with 1 BM. It will kinda just happen naturally. Like if you're having BM & GM walk in or out together whoever is standing next to you will walk with the BM and then the other MOH will walk with the next BM.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics