Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Curious May 2019 Ontario

How many guests do you have

Mary, on May 2, 2019 at 12:52 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 27
I was wondering how many guests are attending your wedding?
Mine is about 60 and I’m not sure if it small amount!

27 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on May 21, 2019 at 14:48
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've invited approximately 160, so we'll just wait and see how many respond!

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had around 60 come to the wedding.

• Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We'll have around 25-30.
  • L
    Frequent user February 2020 Ontario
    Liarra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have 146 counted for, we assume we will have a few "no's" however already some who we didnt expect to want to come have said they are... so we may end up with the whole 146. Our venue only holds 150 so it will be tight when you factor in vendors.
    Also, we wanted smaller, but once you factor in everyone's +1's and their kids etc it really added up as we both have large families.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have 188 confirmed atm! It honestly depends on you! Don't compare yourselves to other weddings, what works for us doesn't work for others! Like for us there would be no way we could only do 60 people, we would hit 60 with his immediate family alone ahha!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am having around 100 for dinner and more for reception. I feel this is a large wedding! To me I would have rathered something smaller

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's a small number. Venues cater from small to large based on the seating capacity.

We had 72 guests plus 4 vendors in total. The total seating capacity was 160.

• Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our venue holds 88. The number that I am hoping for is 75. Our wedding is in the mountains, which is at least a four hour drive for most of our guests.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having 104! Which apparently is considered a large wedding
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had 300 come to ours because both sides of our families are quite large. Personally I wanted something smaller so I would get the chance to everyone and talk to them. I think I only got around to talking to half the guests.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have 100 people on our list to invite and we're expecting about 80-90 to come.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wanted 100 guests but over 160 were invited. Our RSVP deadline was yesterday, we are sitting at around 115 guest so far. I dread getting any more RSVPS though.

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had about 40 at our wedding; we wanted to keep it a small family affair. Like Gina, we were able to visit with everyone for a meaningful period of time, which meant a lot to me.

60 is fairly small, but not tiny. I agree with the others though, *any* wedding is amazing, as long as it is what YOU want it to be Smiley smile

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours will be around 70. That is mostly just my family haha Everyone tells me that is pretty small

• S
    Frequent user March 2021 Ontario
    Stiffra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are inviting 250 people and expecting around 225 to make it! That's a pretty "average" wedding size in both of our families.

• Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We invited 140+ people, but we know only 65-70% of people will actually be able to make it (there is a lot of family on both our sides overseas who just got a courtesy invite). We're hoping between 90 and 100 people come.
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our guests list sits at 97, our venue only holds 100 I think, but that might be for sit down dinners. Either way, I'm good with where we're at.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have invited about 150, I know a good chunk will not be able to attend, so we are hoping around 120-130 to attend.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We invited 70 and 60 will be attending. Anything more and I wouldn't be happy with it. I'd consider under 50 to be small, 50-100 to be average and 100+ to be big. So I'd say you're average.
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We invited 35 and have 32 coming... its the perfect amount for us bc neither of us likes being the centre of attention.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're inviting 250 and have a 2nd wave of people we would like to invite if we receive no's from the 1st wave. All things considered, our wedding is small compared to my parents wedding which was 500-600 people!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're inviting around 150 and will probably get close to that! I feel like it's a good medium, not too large but I was hoping to keep it under 120.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re inviting probably 200-250 people.

I expect we’ll have ~150-175 turn up.

I agree with others; small weddings are great and big weddings are great! Whichever your preference is, you cannot go wrong!
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will have around 50... I think it's small.. I've been to weddings of 500..

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will have apx 40, and I'm hoping it will be the perfect amount for us!

• M
    Curious May 2019 Ontario
    Mary ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Gina for your commentSmiley smile
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding was 60 people and it was amazing! I was able to visit with everyone for a good amount of time which was important to me. I think small weddings are amazing and I think large weddings are amazing, you win either way!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics