Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

How many changes will be made on your wedding dress?

Emilie, on December 12, 2016 at 09:05 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 19

Hi beautiful brides Smiley ring

I'm sure you can't wait to wear your wedding dress!! Smiley love

It might need a few alterations before it's perfectly ready!

How many changes will be made on your wedding dress?

Wedding Dress Fitting

Image: Pinterest

19 Comments

Latest activity by Synthyche, on January 2, 2017 at 21:53
  • Synthyche
    Frequent user October 2017 Manitoba
    Synthyche ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank goodness not much will be done on my dress. No hem needed. Attaching only snap off shoulder straps and a clasp at the back of the skirt to hold the back up when dancing. Can't wait to see it in a few weeks hopefully
  • Terry
    Frequent user May 2017 Quebec
    Terry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was really lucky I went to try it at the bridal store she took all my measurements order it and when I went to try it for alterations it fit perfectly. So nothing to do for me .
  • Valerie
    Curious October 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Update: we took my dress to a seamstress and even she was worried about doing anything to adjust the sleeves. I've decided to sell the dress and find something else as there's too many unknowns at this point
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Beautiful dress Valerie! Good for you for doing crossfit! You must be in really good shape! Smiley smile

• Valerie
    Curious October 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dress will need to be shortened for sure! I also have this issue where the sleeve only allow for me to raise my arms halfway up (#crossfitproblems) so they will have to be adjusted or reconfigured completely. Fingers crossed the turn out!
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just minor adjustments with getting it taken in and a hook to hook the train of the dress.
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will need a drastic hem lol being vertically challeneged .. also a bustle put in as well as cups and my belt swen on .. but other then that no changes

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Perfect! Haha I was the same way and thought I wanted a purple dress but the white with purple accents really makes the purple pop!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had to get my dress hemmed, added a bustle, added straps, adjusted the top and made a belt/sash.

Alterations

Alterations

• Cassandra
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ordered mine but its not in yet! I will have to see about alterations then.

But for now, I am thinking of adding a crystal belt.

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I thought I wanted to find a dress with some purple in it and then I came across this picture on good ole Pinterest and was like... NOPE, I NEED to do this!!!!

Example

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Smiley love Ah you're going for the purple laces?! That's going to be amazing. I wasn't bold enough to do that so I did the purple belt/sash instead. Smiley winking

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I need just really minor alterations, a little hemming, take it in a bit, and swap out the lace up in the corset back with some purple lace up!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Also avoid looking at other dresses!!! Don't want Say Yes to the Dress, don't look at Pinterest dresses... avoid it all!!!!!!!!!!!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't even think it!!!!! Your dress is amazing and looked SO GOOD on you!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had some ridiculous dress regret for like 4 days and my MOH had to talk me off my crazy ledge! So I get the dress regret... but trust me, it was so perfect and you look amazing and you will/would not find a better dress for you!

• Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Me too (dress regret). I got a dress completely different than what I wanted and I keep looking at dresses that are more like what I originally envisioned and I want them. I felt a little rushed when I got my dress because it was a sample dress and if I didn't get it that day, it could be gone the next time. Plus, the price was just so, so good and everyone else loved it and it fits me perfectly without alterations...all those things are so practical and the practical part of me always wins. But...there's always that other side that still can't get past my original vision.

However, I think it's pretty normal to get overwhelmed and doubt our choices. What has helped me is to look at the pictures of me in my dress and imagine what it will be like on the day and the look on my fiances face when he sees me in it. Every time I do that I know I made the right choice and I get that same excited feeling I had the day I bought it. I look amazing in my dress (us women never say this enough about ourselves, it's more than ok to think you look great because you do!!!) and more importantly, I feel amazing in it. I just need to stop comparing. Tha'ts another thing us women do far too often that is never a good thing!

• Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I want to add blue to the bottom half, maybe but a "belt" along the waist and definitely shorten it!
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will need the dress to be hemmed at the front just a couple inches and a bustle added onto the back for the reception!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am changing the length pretty dramatically, not sure about anything else, I will probably add some more lace.

I am having some dress regret- I might have rushed into the choice because I was nervous about running out of time to order and have a dress in time....hoping when it comes in I'll feel excited again!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics