Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Charmaine
Curious September 2018 Ontario

How many bridal contests have you entered? Did you win any of them? If so, what was the prize?

Charmaine, on May 4, 2018 at 11:27 Posted in Contest 0 12

There are so many bridal contests out there and was curious to know if there were any winners out there and if so what was your winning prize? My FH and I are finalists in a contest with two other couples and will know on Monday if we are grand prize winners. In a way we're already winners as the contest is hosting the three couples at a hotel in Niagara on the Lake prior to the big announcement. I have entered another contest, so just entered two so far.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on May 10, 2018 at 18:57
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What's the grand prize? I've entered several contests but I never win anything lol.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve entered one, by going to a wedding show. That’s it. I’m really not putting any effort into signing up for them because I have the worst luck for that kind of thing (One of my sisters on the other hand would probably win everything because she’s very lucky)
  • Hayley
    Newbie August 2020 Manitoba
    Hayley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve only entered a few online contests through local wedding coordinators. I won a decor package valued at $2500 that includes spotlights, 150 chair covers, 13 table linens and runners, table covers for the head table, guest book table and table and a backdrop. Our wedding is much smaller so we won’t need the numbers they’re providing but I’m so excited!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not sure how many specifically, if I see one I'll enter it because why not?!? I've got nothing to lose. If I don't win I don't really care, whatever it was for will get done but contests are always fun! We've won a few, we won a free session if LED-Lipo, a free engagement shoot, and a 40% discount on a lighting service (which unfortunately we don't need because it comes with the DJ were having).
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been to 2 bridal shows and entered the contests/draws that the vendors there had, so I don't know the total number. I won gift certificates to a barbecue company at the first one! We are using that as our rehearsal dinner. The certificates will cover half the cost.

• Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Never bothered with this kind of thing.
    being lucky enough to have friends doing certain BIG things for us has been a massive help.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't remember how many I've entered but it's close to the 40 mark for sure (bridal fairs). I have won a handful maybe 6 things out of the 40ish.

A few I couldn't use due to schedule conflict or we weren't actually going to use that vendor (Discounted DJ price, we already had one in mind of the one we wanted to use), so we just passed on those types of prizes and let the vendor choose someone else instead. Our biggest win was our wedding bands, we only need to pay shipping which came to about $60ish in total for both rings. We thought those will do in a pinch and in a few years we can upgrade them. That way it freed up my budget for other things like extra decorations.

• Charmaine
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Charmaine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How exciting for all of you...it definitely is fun to win even if it's something small and good luck to all who have entered the WW contest.

The contest we entered was Vintages - Bridal Shower which I entered on a whim, not thinking I would win anything at all. Was very excited to be selected as one of the finalists. Grand prize would be a bridal shower for 30 of our family and friends.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh what was the contest that you guys got a trio to Niagara?? That's awesome!
    We went to the bridal show in Toronto and entered EVERYTHING!
    We have won: A full engagement Photoshop, a $3000 free cinematography package (if we book photos with them) and a free boudoir Photoshop for me!!!
    Deff worth all the spam emails now ahahha!
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve been focusing on getting entries to the monthly WW draw.

They haven’t announced the May winner yet though so 🤞🏾🤞🏾🙏🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾

I haven’t any other contests...yet.
  • Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I only entered my name a couple times at a wedding fair.

Surprisingly, i won a Juicer!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't entered any major contests, aside from Wedding Shows (grand prize: win your wedding)... but each booth at the show does their own prizes, and so far I've won 3... small prizes, a gift certificate for a venue's restaurant, some under eye treatments, and some Mary Kay product.

It's fun to win, but I don't want to get my hopes up when the likelihood of winning is pretty low.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics