Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

How long will be your engagement?

Emilie, on November 1, 2016 at 08:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12

Hi lovely ladies Smiley heart

Whether you're having a 3-month engagement or a 5-year engagement, you lovely brides will all get your happily ever after. Smiley catface

Image: Pinterest

12 Comments

Latest activity by Samtam, on November 2, 2016 at 17:11
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have been engaged about 2.5 years. It was a surprise when my fiance proposed so we needed time to save up. We felt at the time that fiances better described our relationship than "boyfriend/girlfriend" so we wanted to enjoy being fiances. If I could do it again, I probably wouldn't want to wait so long because a lot of things can happen in 2 years but I'm really happy with our wedding date (5 years and 1 day after our first date) and can't wait for it to FINALLY be here!

• Nicole
    Curious July 2019 Alberta
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Noth my fiance and I are very young, so we are planning on having our engagement last almost 2 and a half years. We are hoping this makes the planning less stressful!

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be just 3 months shy of 2 years when we get married. I like to think and plot and scheme and plan, which I couldn't do if we had gotten married this September. I also wanted to pay for it mostly myself and not to have to scrimp and cut corners or go massively into debt so it also gave me time to save.

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just under 10 months! There was no way I could wait almost 2 years, and I've always wanted a June wedding!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is so romantic- gave me little butterflies for you!

• S
    Newbie August 2021 Ontario
    Sheri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband and I got married August 20, 2006. We had a small gathering with both of our families at my parents home. It was a beautiful day.
    But we want to renew our vows with something bigger now that we are a little older and a little wiser. We want to have the dinner and the reception this time.
  • S
    Newbie August 2018 Alberta
    Shaylea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    About 2 years
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Sheri!! Smiley heart I'm so glad to read your comment in here!! I think this is such a wonderful way to renew your vows!

When did you get married? How was it? Smiley smile

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our egagement will be a little over a year.
  • S
    Newbie August 2021 Ontario
    Sheri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Technically we are already married, but we had a small intimate wedding, now we're planning our renewal of vows, it's just under 5 years away, but we're wanting a bigger wedding this time. We're planning this for our 15 year wedding anniversary
  • Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Technically it's going to be four months, but between the two of us it's closer to fifteen months!
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours will have been 11 months when we get married

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics