Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natalie
Frequent user June 2018 Ontario

How long to get a custom suit for the groom?

Natalie, on August 20, 2017 at 19:51 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 9
Hi ladies, I'm getting married in Toronto next June and have already found my dress but wondering how far in advance my fiancé should go to get a custom suit made? I'm sure it's nowhere near as long of a wait as our dresses but just curious when he should get started. Your help is appreciated! Smiley smile

9 Comments

Latest activity by Rekramer, on August 31, 2017 at 15:08
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Where are you getting the suit from? We're looking for a custom suit too!

• R
    Curious December 2017 Ontario
    Ranaaaaaa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Natalie,

Our wedding is on December 9th and we went to go get fitted for a Custom Suit on Wednesday. They said that the suit should be ready mid-November which would give us time for any alterations or changes.

We went to United4men in Vaughan, a few of our friends had recommended it and the service was great.

• C
    Frequent user November 2017 Ontario
    Chris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ironically took the day off and we we are going tomorrow.
    Ive been and I've contacted a few places Kory's on Danforth and. Harry Rosen.
    They take about 8 weeks but they said best to go in 11-12 weeks in advance.
    We spent one day a few months ago going everywhere someplace on King that starts with I indochino or something but did not like the quality. We went to Tom's Place in Kenningston but he did not like the service or quality again . So we stuck to Harry's and Kory's.
    As we needed a summer suit and he procrastinated all summer there is limited selection in his size 44-46 jacket now left. They cannot get summer lighter weight suits in they are seasonal so you had to go earlier in the season like I told him Smiley smile. So now we are getting custom made .
    We are going 11 weeks before the wedding.
    In my opinion I wanted him to get custom in the fist place but he didn't want to spend the money so glad he procrastinated as now we have to.
    It will be nice to see him in a custom made suit that fits him properly. We spent thousands of dollars on a dress we wear once so he can spent less and get more wear.
    They range from $900 and up for a good quality suit.
    I'm going tomorrow so If you have any questions let me know
  • Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely at least 3 months I would say. My fiance got a custom bespoke suit made from Caruso Fine Tailoring in Toronto (Danforth and Donlands) and they are amazing. He got to pick his fabric, the style of the pants and jacket, the lining inside the jacket, everything! They are currently still working on his suit so I dont have a final picture to post, but the whole thing cost about $1200. It is a lot of money but he wanted a custom suit to keep and why not, its his wedding day too!

We also ordered the groomsmens suits from Carusos, which are a standard suit they order closest to the persons size, and then tailor it accordingly for free. The groomsmens suits are Calvin Klein, and they were $400 each, which isnt a lot considering renting a tux/suit can be up to $300.

I would highly recommend you and your fiance check them out! They are a small family owned business and they know their stuff!

• Natalie
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks, everyone! Very helpful!
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Eph apparel in Winnipeg for a custom suit said about 3 months which included alterations. https://ephapparel.com/

This company does it for all sizes and only charges one price. My FH is 6'6 so they charge him the same price as they charge the same guy whose 5'10". Which is awesome. We always pay so much more for his clothes.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH suggests 3 months. That way it gives you time for alterations and such. If you are ordering through a website and are not sure how to take the measurements, get measured at a local tailor. My FH has had several successful purchases from Indochino and has had no problems when measuring correctly or going into the store. They have offered very quick service and turn around time.

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We ordered from Indochino in May, which we thought would be plenty of time. The wedding is in 13 days and they are rushing us the fourth "remake". Hopefully it will get here in time and finally fit him. Start looking now. I really don't recomend Indochino.
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The sooner the better. Time varies from taylor to taylor, but expect at least a few months before it's ready.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics