Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

How long before your wedding day are your pre-wedding parties?

Joey, on November 15, 2017 at 08:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 13

Bachelorette & bachelor parties, showers, Jack & Jills, engagement parties... There is a whole lot that goes on before the wedding day. How long before your wedding day are all of your other parties?

How long before your wedding day are your pre-wedding parties? 1

Photo by Purple Orchid Events in Barrie, Ontario

13 Comments

Latest activity by Bethany, on November 19, 2017 at 22:07
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having a stag and doe six months before the wedding as well as the bridal showers around that time. Our bachelor and bachelorette party will be happening a month prior to our wedding!
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just over a year out we had our engagement party. My shower was in June, bachelorette in August and wedding in September. He never got around to planning a bachelor party since he works so much in the summer months...

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a wedding meet-and-greet in July and then the bachelor and bachelorette parties were the week before the wedding. Our rehearsal dinner was the night before.

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hubby's bachelor was a few weeks before the wedding. Mine was 2 days before because my MoH was only flying in from overseas then.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I do not know when anything is taking place. My MOH is planning my bachelorette and she is just going to tell me when and where. A friend is planning a couples shower, but she just asked last week so I doubt she has it planned yet. My aunt wants to throw us a shower as well. She lives in Ontario, as do most of my extended family and some friends. We probably won't make it to Ontario though until after our wedding.

Ideally, I would want shower to happen 4-5 months before and bachelorette to happen about 2 months before. From most people I've talked to, the last month is the craziest with RSVP's and tables, so I want everything else done by then.

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm planning my bridal shower for 2 months before the wedding, and my bachelorette party is planned for 2 weeks before the wedding. One of my bridesmaids is getting married 6 weeks before me, so we had to work together and plan a lot of things around each other. It was a neat experience.
  • Sonia
    Frequent user May 2019 Quebec
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re planning the engagement for June of 2018 for about 50 people. And then I plan on having 2 bachelorettes since I want to have fun but also have a spa day. So I might turn it into a weekend. My FH can do the same, it’s entirely up to him. But probably about a month before the wedding
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    And just realized I didn’t reply to the actual question!! About 2-3 weeks before the wedding, or maybe a month prior.
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are not doing stag and doe, as we live in Ontario and the wedding is in Alberta and people that will come to Stag and Doe will not actually be able to attend our wedding.
    FH will plan with his friends his bachelor party (not even sure he actually wants one) and instead of a bachelorette party, my female friends will organize some get together with wine, board games and such.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a jack in jill in May, my husband went on his bachelor party trip in either June or July.. I forget, and I didn't have a bachelorette party - I went for lunch with my girls and we went and got our nails done - this was just a couple days before the wedding! We got married in August!

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn't have any parties. My husband's best man took him out about a week before the wedding to dinner and they went to a video game lounge and that was his "bachelor party"

The night before the wedding I went out with my MOHs to dinner and then we just relaxed the hotel room
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not having a bachelorette. Not sure when my FH is having his bachelor party. We are thinking about doing a wedding party laser tag night two nights before. And we're getting married at a summer camp, so the night before we'll probably have a campfire and hang out.
  • Jes G.
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Jes G. ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Great Thread Joey! I'm really into party planning so I may want more than one engagement party (teehee). But I was thinking about maybe having an engagement party 6 months before? I'm not quite sure what 'normal' is but I'd like to get that out of the way so it's just one less thing to stress about even if someone else is planning it. Would like to hear more of other people's plans! How many parties and what kind (engagement, stag and doe etc) are you all having?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics