Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

How long before the wedding did you plan your honeymoon?

Joey, on March 5, 2018 at 08:54 Posted in Honeymoon 0 26

I want to ask you about your wedding planning timeline - I'm curious to know how long before the wedding you crossed various planning tasks off your to-do list, or when you're planning to have the tasks finished. So play along to have some fun comparing timelines, while sharing your advice with those who are still building their own!

While you planned your wedding, were you also planning your honeymoon? How ling before your wedding date did you get your honeymoon all booked?

How long before the wedding did you plan your honeymoon? 1

Photo by Life's Journey Photography in Vancouver

>>Click here to go to the next question, How long before the wedding did you buy your rings?

26 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on January 18, 2019 at 03:00
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2019 Quebec
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

About 8 months before the wedding is when we booked and chose on a honeymoon.

• Amelia
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding is 21 months away and were already planning it lol But we are planning a month in South Africa so I feel the need to do the research and get things planned out.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honeymoon per say wasn't done right after the wedding. It was 2 months before our 1 year anniversary we went local and didn't do much as thought.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Almost immediately, haha about a year out. We finalized our choice of wedding date because it lined up perfectly with the Caribbean Cruise we wanted to take for our honeymoon. Lol. Our wedding is the Saturday, we fly on Sunday, get on the cruise Monday. SO EXCITED!!!

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

6 months before the wedding. We are just going to florida for a week to rest and relax.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not sure when to do that yet! I think we will be having our honey moon the next year as its going to be so hot in summer. And just book a week off after the wedding to visit people who came from far

• Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    9 months before the wedding it was booked and paid for! Can't wait! We're going to Bali 3 days after the wedding!
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

8 months prior

• Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t get to plan my honeymoon. Which I don’t like. I don’t get to plan on when or where
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our honeymoon was all booked probably about 6 or 7 months before the wedding date.
  • Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We can't decide on where we want to go or what we want to do, so haven't started planning it yet.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Probably going to plan it a 6 months in advance depending on where we plan to go! We’ve been on several vacations together so we’re pretty comfortable planning these things.
  • Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Booked our luxury Jamaican honeymoon last week! So that was beginning of March and our wedding is October. We get married the Friday and leave that following Sunday
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re less than 6 months out now and haven’t planned one yet! We just decided what we want to do so hopefully we’ll book something within the next month, month 1/2.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Fiancé is in charge of that but we decided a month or two ago to delay the trip honeymoon and just have a local one immediately following the wedding
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've been planning our honeymoon since we got engaged! So same amount of time we've been planning the wedding.

While I've been planning all the wedding details, my FH has been researching our Honeymoon details. We booked our flights back in November I think, and then have just finished booking the different hotels we're staying at in Feb.

We're going to Indonesia for 3 weeks in September!

• Laura
    Frequent user October 2018 British Columbia
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing our honeymoon in 2019 instead of right after the wedding so I'm not planning it for a while.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We actually just booked ours so about 4.5 months AFTER the wedding lol.

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We aren’t planning a honeymoon.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've just started brainstorming on what type of honeymoon we're looking for. I think we both agreed that we're looking for a mix of relaxing by the beach and adventure.

• Stephanie
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think we started planning this past summer and booked everything in the fall. so a little over half a year before the wedding.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haven't planned it yet, but we know more or less what we want to do. Will go into planning mode around 6 months before

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Still trying to decide! We'll be doing a minimoon for a few days right after the wedding, then the "real" honeymoon in early 2019.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We started planning for our honeymoon around the same time that we sent out invites. We booked in January, which was 6 months before the wedding.

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We strated planning about 6 months ago, now all planned we can't wait Smiley winking

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We may have to put the honeymoon on hold for a while. We want to have a mini moon. So we will probably book something a few weeks in advance.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics