Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Master July 2018 Alberta

How far in advance did you book?

Stephanie, on January 4, 2018 at 12:23 Posted in Honeymoon 0 7

Hey everyone,

Just wondering how far in advance you booked your honeymoon. Did you wait for a deal or book as soon as you decided where to go?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Courtney, on January 4, 2018 at 17:11
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We also knew where we wanted to go on our Honeymoon so looked up prices on flights right after we got engaged. We noticed the prices looked pretty good this month so booked our flights last night! (about 9 months out.. we're going to Indonesia in September).

We've booked a hotel here or there if we saw availability was getting limited too.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We started researching 8 months out and booked 5 months out once we settled on a destination and found a price we were both comfortable with.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had wanted to book ours right after the wedding as we only planned on going in the winter but some things came up in life that kind of derailed that plan so we are probably only going to be booking 4-6 weeks in advance. I have had good experiences and prices booking early and at the last minute.

• Suraiya
    Beginner July 2018 Quebec
    Suraiya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought mine just now (7 months ahead). I haven't really booked any trips before so I was mostly worried the prices would go up and I just like having things done so I don't have to worry about it anymore

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We haven't booked yet but thinking between 12-10 month mark
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We booked our flights to Scotland already (10 months in advance) because they were pretty cheap and we didnt want the cost to go up on us. And we already booked 2 weeks in a cabin using my moms timeshare package because availablilty disappears really quick with those.

The rest of our trip we probably wont book... Just go with the flow once we get there Smiley smile

I think if you decide early enough where you want to go you can afford to wait for a deal to come up... Otherwise its usually cheaper to book sooner rather than later i think.
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I booked whenever there were deals but at least 6 month in advance i made sure to get it done. just to make sure it was ready to go Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics