Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
British Columbia

How Do You Think Your Groom/partner Will React?

Brittany, on July 12, 2018 at 17:13 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 39

With the Big Day coming up, I start to wonder just how my FH will react when he sees me for the first time. We are doing a first look, and I'm so excited when I picture him turning around to see me as a bride.

And just so I'm not the only one ugly crying at work... Here's a compilation of some of the most beautiful groom reactions to their brides.

How Do You Think Your Groom/partner Will React?

39 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on July 24, 2018 at 13:29
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh he was! He kept saying how beautiful I looked and that he loved my dress. Even now he says it when he sees our pictures.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Don't forget the waterproof mascara! Crying is half the fun of having all the ooey-gooey emotions come out! I think for me, the father-daughter dance will get me for sure more than anything and then there goes all my makeup!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh I'll be bawling. Like... all day. I'm really hoping to get it all out of my system early... or in the weeks leading up to the big day... haha. But I'll definitely need mega setting spray, and already know I'm doing eyelash extensions... haha.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Right?! It's really heart-warming lol. Do you think you're going to be crying too or all him?

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just stunned by your beauty and his love Smiley love haha. Sometimes just adrenaline and a bit of shock can make it hard to express everything your feeling. But it sounds like he was happy, and that's the most important part!

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't think my husband held it in on purpose to be honest. I think there were so many emotions and things going on that he just couldn't quite cry.

• Krista
    Frequent user July 2018 Alberta
    Krista ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I thought I would cry in our engagement... he did!

I think I'm going to cry at the wedding.... I wonder if there is a trend here!

Who knows! But as long as its authentic - It will be beautiful Smiley heart

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have told my man this multiple times. lol!

• Lor
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Lor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are also doing a first look. I don't think he'll cry but hell smile big and hopefully look emotional. he wont shed a tear though

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were actually just talking about that. I asked him if he thinks he will cry and he said no. I have never seen him cry in the 7 years I have known him and I thought maybe when he sees me on our wedding day that it would be the first time I would see him cry. But that could change.. hopefully.. I want to see him have some emotions lol.

• Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH will probably just have a huge smile. Whenever we see each other after being apart for a while we both just have huge grins on our faces for a while. I’m hoping for tears but like many others have said, he probably won’t
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé doesn’t cry so I won’t get any tears for sure, but I know his reaction is going to make for a great picture!
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hope my man is smiling and sheds a tear, I told him if I don't like his reaction i'm turning around and doing it all over again LOL jk. But I know I'm his princess so hopefully he reacts as so!

• Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m hoping the day of our wedding he gets some tears in his eyes. He doesn’t cry at all. I think in the three years I have known him he has almost cried once and that was it. I know I will be a wreck. I know he will have the biggest smile on his face, he has told me this.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awe, so cute! It's the best when they actually look happy and not scared!!! Haha

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My partner told me he'd cry. I didn't think he would.

But he definitely teared up and just looked so excited when I walked down that aisle. it was perfect.

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, my boss has gotten used to it with wedding stuff lol

I tell my FH that it's totally fine for him to let out his emotions. Maybe my crying would get him started lol.

I'm the oldest and only daughter so I know I can bank on dad tears lol. It won't take much to get him, my mom and me crying that day.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yay! Embarrassing crying at work for everyone!!! Lol

I hope your FH knows to just let it out. Tell him it's a day he'll regret holding it in if he does feel/get emotional!!!

The only times I've seen my dad truly cry were when his 2 parents passed away. He got a little red in the face when my sister asked if he'd walk her down the aisle... but no tears. I'm his middle daughter but I'm kind of his favourite/soft spot (I know I'm not supposed to say that, haha), so I think he'll tear up when he sees me on the day.

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You're not the only one ugly crying at work now lol. My FH holds his emotions in, I've never seen him cry! But I'm hoping he'll tear up a little bit, which will make me ugly cry more. He knows I'm gonna cry lots lol

The first time I saw my dad cry, was when he dropped me off at the residence hall in university. I knew my mom would cry but when my dad did I became a mess! The second time was when he told me my horse was put down. The third time will probably be at my wedding.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was SHOCKED at my bridal appointment, the curtain wasn't even open enough for my own mother to see me yet, and my FMIL was already crying! (Of course then me, my mom, and my sisters all cried too... haha)

My mom cries at the drop of a hat, like actually, she'll just start crying and my stepdad asks "who dropped a hat"... So I'm definitely looking up some cute DIY tissue options. They will need them. All of them..... Haha.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nope! Not cruel at all!

Being blubbering cry baby's run in my family - my mother and grandmother will be bawling too. They are the reason that we are having baskets of facial tissues at the entrance of the church! I think his mom will cry, too.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's so cute though... kind of nice to be surprised by your emotion/excitement. Makes it really genuine!

See, I'm making family & bridal party stand waaaaay back. My mom asked if she can watch the first look, and I thought, sure, might as well, they'll all be waiting to start taking photos anyways... but I want everyone to be far enough away that they don't impede on our moment. Now I'm gonna ask them not to shout too! Smiley laugh

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Is it cruel of us to want them to cry so bad?! Haha. I love that he's just accepted it. Yupp, blubberin' baby right here, that's me.

I'm hoping to get my tears out during the first look, so that I can make it through the ceremony with everyone being able to understand what I'm saying haha.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aww! Yeah I think they are pretty good at cheering us up, or at least joining us in the ugly cry so we aren't alone! Haha.

I baaawwwled when we got engaged, I know I'll be a mess for sure!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awww.... see, that's another reason I'm pro-first look, because my FH will hold it in HARD if he is in front of 100 people... but just me and the photographer? I'm hoping for tears.

Not the same type of emotion, but at his Grandma's funeral in January he was a pallbearer, and he held in his tears so much he sweat through his shirt, like halfway down his shirt... Ew. I'd rather avoid that in his tux.... Smiley atonished

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had no idea how my husband would react! We did a first look and i didnt think it would be as emotional as it was.
    I teared up right away when I saw him and he teared up when he turned around and saw me. But of course our obnoxious wedding party was all watching and yelling at us so that ruined the mood a bit but also saved us from crying before photos hahah!
    But overall our first look was very special which i did not expect so was a nice surprise. Smiley smile
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've actually talked about this! We're doing a first look, and my money is on him bawling both when he sees me then, and when he sees me coming down the aisle. He thinks he's going to 'bawl like a baby'. Hehe. I can't wait.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think every one hopes that their partner will cry a little, but I hope a lot... lol Not sure if he will, but he knows that I will be hysterical so if he doesn't cry with me maybe he could at least try and make me laugh so I won't have an ugly cry for too long!

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't do a first look so the first time he saw me was as I was walking out of the house and down the aisle. He almost cried but instead just looked on the verge of crying for the whole ceremony.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Not at all! Haha. I've done the same thing. I told him he better cry, and if he holds it in I'll be super upset. Lol.
  • Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Who’s cutting all the onions up in here?? 😭
  • Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lmao is it bad that I’ve pre-warn my FH that he better shed a tear! I’m going to be balling my eyes out and he could shed a tear or two lol
    but we will see what happens

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics