Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Caitlyn
Super January 2020 Ontario

How do you stay Organized?

Caitlyn, on January 13, 2020 at 20:58 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
Planning a wedding can sometimes be like herding cats. You have to sometimes chase down vendors, coordinate a date for preceding parties that all your VIPs can make, keep track of your budget and payment due dates, organize a guest list, play Tetris to seat people at tables and a hundred other things. How do you all keep track of everything you have to do? Do you use the Wedding Wire checklist? Do you have a paper planner book? Do you make lists in your phone? Can you manage it all in your head? Got any great tricks for keeping organized.

I personally use both the WeddingWire and Knot app checklists. I also have a paper planner book and put all appointments in my phone calendar.My FH’s method is to make countless checklists and to do lists on his phone.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Tracy, on February 4, 2020 at 13:19
  • Tracy
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am highly organized so I use the checklists and guest list/vendor info on wedding wire, plus I have spreadsheets of my checklists organized by category and timing so I can sort at any time. I have an budget/costing spreadsheet. Plus I have even created recipe checklists for my ingredients and how much to make. Store it on google docs so you can use it on any of your devices.

I also have a binder for myself with tons of samples but I made a much smaller one for my fiance to glance at when he is in the mood to give feedback. They are organized by category and colour coded for like items.

Plus pinterest I have one board for wedding with several other boards where I store my ideas, wants, and going to do.

• Danielle
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Google, Google, Google! Google Drive allows us to store our contracts, organize folders, it's accessible from any device, sharable to vendors/my fiancé. Google drive even has a nice Google Sheets wedding template to start you off!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I used the wedding wire checklist, as well as a paper planner (not a wedding planning binder!) to keep track of stuff. During the 2 weeks leading up, I also had reminders on my phone to remind me to do all the things!

• Stephanie
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I use Google Sheets to keep track of everything, from vendor contacts to guest list to expenses. This way my FH can also access the file and make edits at any time. Once I make up a wedding day schedule, I can also share with my bridal party and vendors so they know what’s happening on the big day!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ways that I kept organized were

1. WW Checklist for most of the things TO DO

2. WW Budget to help easily calculate the amount spent

3. Word program to save all my documents put as expenses, timeline, vendors info and purchases made.

These are stored on a flash drive to go back and print out or look over whenever anyone needs help with it or needing assistance in planning.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I liked using the WW checklist - but I had to update it to reflect actual timelines Smiley tongue Started planning over a year ahead and then some things like alterations we did closer to the wedding because I'm not going to do that a whole month of 2 before!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I actually googled many man lists online and tailored my own list in word. as i was meeting with vendors and asking questions if they asked me for something i would add it to my list

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I use WW's checklist and have a master Excel checklist with multiple sub-pages and it's working well so far. We haven't had many appointments yet and the ones we've had just went on our calendar on the fridge but once we get closer to the date I may have to put things in my phone or carry around a notebook so I don't forget them.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a master excel spreadsheet with many tabs and the WW checklist. Seems to be working out well so far!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm still over a year away so anything I get done now I think of as bonus time. I will most likely keep all appointments in my phone calendar as I find it the most helpful. I also make notes in my phone when needed. I have checked off quite a lot of the wedding wire check lists.
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I use the wedding wire app and then a check list app on my phone for things I think if and will need to come back to at a later date. For example I've started planning our day of timeline and a packing list of things that need to get to the ceremony/venue or our hotel that night.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a binder, with an index complete with tabs. My index contains a next steps table too so I always know what's upcoming - my FH's family literally laughs at me... I planned our Europe trip a few years ago on an excel spreadsheet so we knew each day what we were doing at what time and people were just dying of laughter.

So, i love my wedding binder. My FH's uncle told my parents to hide it from me to see if I would freak out and my mother calmly replied "she has it all backed up on her computer, so it would not even matter!".

So I like to think I'm pretty organized and prepared. My FH and I have a joint calendar on our phones we can update it with appointments and accept or decline them which is super helpful also!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics