Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

How do you split up the chores?

Joey, on September 22, 2018 at 14:05 Posted in Living together 0 14

Who does what chores around the house? Do you trade off, or do each of you have certain areas you look after? Are there any chores you do because your partner hates them, and vice versa? Do you ever have disagreements about the housework?

How do you split up the chores? 1

Photo by Judy Nguyen Photography in Toronto

14 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on November 18, 2018 at 00:55
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are the opposites for our dogs, he does mornings and I usually do nights! I am not a morning person at all so it works for us.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well he is navy and gone a lot so I do all when he is gone so when he is home I get him to do the things I hate. He empties the dishwasher and cuts the grass and I always do laundry and load the dishwasher. Everything else we basically split.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Generally: indoors is my domain, outdoors is his, which I know sounds too "leave it to beaver" for 2018 BUT I also work part-time, he's full-time, and we share all food prep and clean-up. I actually think it evens out pretty nicely, especially in the winter, when he's out shovelling snow for an hour. (Don't worry I usually go out and help him. And throw snowballs.)

• Andrea
    Devoted January 2021 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly I do most of the chores, he'll take the trash out from time to time, and do some vacuuming.

• Allison
    Newbie March 2020 Alberta
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He works from home and I work out of the house, so he does most of the chores. I don't get home until 5:30 most nights, so he's in charge of cooking. Laundry we split up since we both hate it lol. He does the washing and I put it away. When we do our big clean every couple of weeks he generally takes the kitchen and I do the bathrooms. Everything else is just kind of...whoever is closest? lol we don't have a clear cut system, but it works for us!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I usually end up doing most of the general cleaning, with him doing laundry and the washroom ☺️ It took 5 years but we finally got it worked out lol.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't live together yet but I am oddly looking forward to this? Hahah!

As of right now if one person cooks the other cleans! I feel that might be pretty standard/basic though haha!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't really have a schedule for chores. We do our own laundry and he's more likely to do the dishes while I'm more likely to do cat litter. Usually he cooks since he's better than me but we cook together if we both have time. He also takes out the trash and recycling since I hate it.

Vacuuming is done by our roomba daily but we give the house a deep vacuuming once a week. General house cleaning usually happen when one of us notices the house is really messy and we usually try to do it together.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

From the looks of it me and my FH are like the rest of you - I like dishes and vaccuming and he likes laundry and well - he just is a better cook than me =P

He cleans the litter box and lets the puppy out at night (11PM) and I clean the outside aftermath of puppy and feed both the puppy and kitten in the morning (6AM).

I love the idea that Stephanie has though so I may just incorporate that for some cleaning of the washroom - perhaps Washroom Wednesday (as I am in night school on Tues. and Thurs.)

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Some things are "our chores"... like I'm the only one who cleans the cat's litter box, and he's the one who vacuums. Basic cleaning, such as dishes, laundry, bathroom, kitchen, etc... that's just shared between us. Whenever one of us has the energy to do some cleaning, we just do it... haha. And then there are times where we both sit on the couch and say "it's okay... leave it for tomorrow"... haha.

• Emily
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We split up chores very early on in or relationship and it has worked out well. We keep it even. I do laundry and bathrooms and he does vacuuming/mopping and he makes the beds as I hate those tasks. For meals whoever cooks the other cleans and if we cook together we clean together.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We’re starting a weekly chore list! Do one thing once a week to help keep the place clean. So far I have mirror Monday, toilet Tuesday, floors Friday, and sheets Sunday. I don’t mind Friday and Sunday chores but I really dislike Monday and tuesdays!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We do our parts equally as husband does laundry and i put it away. House chores are done as needed by both of us. Organizing is my part.
  • Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lucky because I hate doing laundry and FH loves laundry. He also hates doing dishes, but I don’t mind doing dishes at all! It worked out great!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics