Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Devoted September 2019 Ontario

How do you Politely say “no Children allowed” on your invitations?

Bianca, on June 2, 2018 at 18:03 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
How do you Politely say “Childfree” wedding on your invitations?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Keri, on June 5, 2018 at 16:16
  • K
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Keri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooh, I really love this!! I just might have to steal this 😊
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just politely said "please note that children are not invited".

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know for us, because our invitations are small and don't have a lot of space for wordy answers, I put that FAQs and RSVP is on our wedding website. I actually did answer it in the FAQ section of our wedding website and plan to only have the names of those invited. If they can't read, they can call me, because I am really good at saying no. That was my take on it!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a details insert card to direct people to our wedding website for all the important info, but also on that card, I have a little blurb that will say:

"In order to allow all guests, including parents, an evening of relaxation, we have chosen for our wedding day to be an adult only occasion. We hope this advance notice means you are still able to share our big day and will enjoy having the evening off!"

If you only have a single invitation, simple saying "Adults Only" is fine.

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well....personally, I think the politest way is just not including their names on the invitations. Most people know that the names on the invitation are the people who are invited, and no more.

Then if the parents annoyingly RSVP with the kids included, you call them and explain that the venue only holds so many, and you weren't able to include children in the guest count.

Some people will be annoyed. Some will welcome the night off from kids. OH WELL!

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A lot of people put "Adult Only"

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One of the weddings I was most recently invited to has "Although we love your children, we regretfully cannot accommodate them at the venue due to restricted space"

Me and my FH will probably be stealing that entire line for our invites as well.

• K
    Keri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oops! Hit send too fast haha I put “Kids-at-Heart Event (Adults only)”
  • K
    Keri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    On my evite drafts, we have “Children-at-Heart (Adults only)” on the insert with other info. I liked that wording 😊
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Casey said it the same way I would ADULTS ONLY! Everything else is said for on the invitation.
  • B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great Idea! Thank you!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bianca, we have struggled with this as well. The best way we have found is to simply put “adults only” on the invitation, and only address the invite to the adults.
    We do have some small children in the immediate family that will be coming or will be part of the wedding party, and that way when we address those invites it’s to the whole family and they can ignore the adults only statement on the invitation.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics