Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ilenne
Newbie June 2017 Ontario

How do you like the planning?

Ilenne, on April 28, 2017 at 11:20 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 19
Im kinda exhausted but stress free 2 mos vefore my wedding. what about you ?

19 Comments

Latest activity by Kacy, on May 4, 2017 at 13:04
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is indeed the most important goal in all of this!! Smiley smile
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are 4 months out and I am alternating between feeling pretty good about where things are at and panicking. I am working on flowers and cake right now and I still need to get someone for makeup and hair. My one bridesmaid is looking at and hopefully picking and ordering her dress this week and next weekend my MOH should have her dress picked and then I think I have everything major done other than invitations and we have pretty much settled on the ones we want I just need to see if they can change the one colour and then order them and mail them out, once I get all the addresses. It will all get done and if it doesn't then it doesn't. As long as we end up married at the end of things I will be happy!

• Dannie & Brett
    Frequent user July 2017 Manitoba
    Dannie & Brett ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Like you Ilene I too am stress free. 2 months away and it's pretty much planned and paid for. Had some kinks that were fixed and I pick up my dress next week. There were some stressful parts but now the it's pretty much paid for there's no stress! And since I'm so OCD there not much planning left till the rehearsal. Good luck everyone with the planning. May your day be as bright and beautiful as all of you! 💙
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So happy to hear that you are stress free 2 months before the wedding!
    I'm not really enjoying this process to be quite honest, due to multiple factors making it difficult to decide on things like the wedding style, venue, etc. Hoping that things get sorted out soon!
    Keep us posted on how the next couple of months go as well as your special day! ❤️😍
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh super nice! Can't wait to see you in other discussions! Smiley love

• Ilenne
    Newbie June 2017 Ontario
    Ilenne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    First, i went to bridal shows to have a hint on which styles are trending . Then try to check magazines and I came to this bridal magazine with a guide on how to prepare a wedding. it has guidelines for me to follow 1 year, 6mos ,3 months and 2montgs before the wedding. Plus I had help from my mom-in-law-to-be .. my wedding has a lot of DIY stuff such as menu printing, seating chart design, making the centerpieces and so on and so forth. that way i saved a lot.
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Ilenne!

Wow! That's amazing. I'm sure the brides in the community would love to hear how you managed to get everything planned so quickly. Want to share some tips? Smiley heart

Here I send you some articles about stress:

10 Ways to Reduce Stress While Wedding Planning

7 Wedding Details You Should Stop Stressing About

Let me know xx

• Ilenne
    Newbie June 2017 Ontario
    Ilenne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When is the wedding tho?
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Early stages are tough but kind of fun! its all still kind of in the fantasy stage, haven't had to pay any major bills yet, and we're still envisioning different themes in different spaces. but i am looking forward to starting to peg down the details.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Planning would be so much easier without the negativity from his sister. It's gotten very difficult to enjoy the planning process due to the drama that always unfolds because of her.

• Stephanie
    Devoted September 2019 Quebec
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm still planning here and there. It's stressful because my budget is limited and I don't know what has in store for me in the next year. Things are still up in the air and might have to extend my wedding date. However to compensate I'm slowly getting my DIY elements together and going to start that to unstress and not think of the budget for now. Smiley xd
  • Rachel
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been planning ots since we got engaged and checking off 1-2 things a month and we are 6 months out and soo ahead of the game! its great! also i love plannign so for me its no stress!

• Louise
    Devoted September 2017 Quebec
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I planned everything quite early on into my engagement. It's been a pretty stress free experience for me so far. I just finished my invitations.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I actually love every single minute of the process. Even in the stressful moments! Flowers and decor are the most stressful for me because of my taste and my budget lol but other than that I love it all!
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly, we have put a temporary halt on the wedding planning as we are finishing up the last phase of the wedding social. Hopefully, the last 3 plus months will be better and will not cause me to be stressed out. Hope all goes well with you. You must be very excited as your wedding is drawing near. Smiley smile
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got a lot of our things booked and planned before we were engaged so it's been pretty stress free, but now I'm finding it becoming a little more.. not stressful but overwhelming just because of all the little details like getting invitations printed and decor and all that. I also just got my dress and it's a little small at the bust so I have to reorder a size up so that's a little annoying. It's a lot of just little things I feel like I'm not thinking of or forgetting haha.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

End of September.

• Ilenne
    Newbie June 2017 Ontario
    Ilenne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When is the wedding?
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm still in the planning stages and am hoping to be done by mid-summer. I am enjoying the process so far but find that there are times where I get a little stressed or overwhelmed and need to take a step back. My FH is also really great with helping me plan.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics