Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julie
Newbie September 2019 Ontario

How do we feel about brides wearing glasses?

Julie, on March 21, 2019 at 17:08 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 16
I never thought I would be the bride with glasses. I have worn glasses since grade 7 and I've worn contacts from time to time but they really dry out my eyes. I also wore glasses to another wedding and I don't like what I look like in pictures! But how do we feel about having both the bride and groom wear glasses? Is it tacky? Weird?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on April 3, 2019 at 02:52
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think if it's what you're most comfortable in, then wear it! You don't want to look back on your wedding day and remember not looking like yourself or feeling uncomfortable. I'm actually hoping my FH wears his glasses for our wedding Smiley smile

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    To be honest my first thought was why wouldn't you wear your glasses. I love that you bought a pair and your FH loves how they make you more beautiful/ fancy, wait till he sees you in your dress & new glasses!!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely wear your glasses if that's what makes you comfortable! Don't feel like you have to not wear them and not see your own wedding day/wear contacts that dry your eyes out.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wear glasses and that's what I plan to wear for the wedding. Not having my glasses isn't me and my fiancé absolutely loves my glasses and he wants me to wear them for the second reason I want to wear them. Idk why it would be weird..a wedding doesn't change who you are. If you wear glasses then wear your glasses. Never thought this was an issue for people.
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wear glasses and plan on wearing them during the wedding.I need to see what in the heck is going on and sadly at almost 34 years old I still don’t know if I can manage putting contacts in lol 😂
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I just bought a nice pair too, they're black but very "fancy" according to my FH. They will look nice for the wedding!

• Rachel
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nothing wrong with glasses!! I've worn glasses for 20 years now. At the end of highschool and through college I wore contacts, but I really don't like them. For the last 7 years I've just worn glasses. I struggled with the same thing a few months ago...do I want to wear glasses in my wedding. I came to the conclusion that yes I do!!
    I ended up going on clearly.ca and ordering a pair of blue frame glasses (since our wedding is blue and Ivory) just for my wedding day and now I'm really excited about it!!
    Wear your glasses with pride!!!
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You guys are the best! It's also very true that I can just take them off for some pictures if need be Smiley smile

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not weird at all!! I got my first pair of glasses when I was in grade 7, then switched to contacts in grade 11, and now 5 years later - I wear glasses most of the time unless we are going out or to a movie!

I plan on taking pictures with and without my glasses on. Just like my engagement photo's!

No glassesHow do we feel about brides wearing glasses? 1

Glasses!How do we feel about brides wearing glasses? 2

(although you can't tell as much in this one Smiley tongue)

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If people are used to seeing you both wear glasses, then this is you guys and it doesn't matter. Main point is that you can see each other day of event! I have both glasses and contacts. I wear contacts as I am way more self conscious wearing glasses

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway
    Sinéad ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Julie! I wouldn't worry about wearing your glasses at all! As everyone else has mentioned - you need to be able to see!

If you aren't comfortable wearing your contact lenses and they cause your eyes to become dry and irritated, then 100% wear your glasses. You will probably feel more like yourself anyway!

You are going to look beautiful on your wedding day regardless!!

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your glasses are a part of who you are - a woman who wears glasses. Why would you want to look different than who you are in your wedding photos? I've seen plenty of beautiful brides in glasses. Plus there's the comfort factor as well - you don't want to be fussing with dry, irritable eyes when you should be enjoying your big day.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I both wear glasses (he really needs them and I don’t absolutely have to wear them but they help a little) he is getting laser eye surgery soon, and I have started wearing daily contacts every now and then so on the big day it won’t be weird for me to not wear my glasses Smiley smile I just don’t want my glasses to hide my eye makeup / lashes. Plus it wipes off my makeup on the sides of my nose and I hate that
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be wearing my glasses. It's not weird in the slightest. Why should you be blind and/or uncomfortable on your wedding day?

At our engagement photos, 99% of our photos had our glasses on (My FH has glasses as well). There were a few shots she had us take off our glasses for, but very very few. Mostly it was because the glasses hid my eyes at the angle she was shooting (see below for with and without)

How do we feel about brides wearing glasses? 3

How do we feel about brides wearing glasses? 4

• T
    Curious September 2019 British Columbia
    Tianna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly I would wear glasses - i'm assuming it's rare for you to wear contacts. It's how everyone is used to seeing you. Also, being comfortable is key! You don't want to have your eyes irritating, becoming red, or possibly cause your makeup to run.
    I would say if you really do not want to wear glasses for photos - pop in some contacts before your photos of you and hubby, family, bridal party, etc. Once done, put your glasses back on.
    Or second option, go with contacts but keep visine with you at all times!
    Either way you are going to look beautiful!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t think it’s weird at all! I’ve been to a wedding where the bride wore glasses and she looked beautiful!
    Go off what makes you feel the most comfortable.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics