Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashley
Newbie October 2025 Ontario

How do people afford this?

Ashley, on February 15, 2024 at 14:59 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 3
I'm sorry, but I don't understand how people afford a wedding. I don't want to elope. I have some savings as well as parental help and I'm planning a buck and doe but I can't seem to come under 20k. How do people afford a wedding so you don't elope 🙃

3 Comments

Latest activity by Christine, on April 24, 2024 at 02:07
  • Christine
    Newbie July 2025 Ontario
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a Sunday brunch wedding with no cocktail hour. The venue allows us to bring our own alcohol, I am ordering my dress online from an inexpensive store as its not a 'traditional' wedding dress, I'm learning to do my own makeup (lessons are $75 vs $250 for artist day of), I have a small wedding under 50 ppl of just our most favourite people. We are aprox. $20,000 but that's because the venue we've booked was expensive, and is an all inclusive pkg (officiant, DJ, caterer, decor as its an old barn and we are using their rustic decorations and minimal additional) small wedding party and asking our wedding party to pay for their dresses/suits; but I/we are so excited for our brunch wedding and then heading off to our honeymoon!!! You can do it, but it will take a lot of researching and shopping online and some DIY. I'm happy to share anything I've learned already. Feel free to reach out. I'm also in Ontario so I can give you a few places that are all inclusive I've looked into, depending on where you are. Good luck!!!

• N
    Curious July 2025 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are very fortunate that our parents are paying for our wedding. In our culture it’s customary for parents to pay.
  • B
    Curious November 2026 Alberta
    Bea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can have a long engagement and save some money every month.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics