Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

How did you tell your guests their kids were "not invited"?

Emilie, on November 10, 2016 at 10:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9

Hi wonderful brides Smiley heart

It's a decision that we make when deciding on the guest list... Are kids invited or not? Smiley tongue

If you decided to have an "adult-only" wedding how did you tell your friends or guests?

How did you tell your guests your wedding was "adults-only"?

How did you tell your guests your wedding was

Image: Pinterest

9 Comments

Latest activity by Shannon, on December 9, 2016 at 06:34
  • Shannon
    Devoted June 2020 British Columbia
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didnt want to invite kids but I have a very young neice and nephew and my exclusion of them would cause huge family drama so now I dont really have a choice.
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is hilarious! I like your style!
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yup- agree! A friend of mine wrote on he Invites "adults only" and off never seen it before, And thought it was a bit...cold maybe? Either way it didn't work and someone showed up with kids.
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Natasha nailed it! It's best to just specify the names of people invited on the envelope (or RSVP card) and specify the number of seats you have reserved for them. It's more polite to list who IS invited rather than call out who is not on the invite.

If you have anyone try and write in extras, then you can just call and tell them that you're sorry but you cannot accommodate XX.

I was about to write a line about no kids on my reception card until I learned better Smiley smile

• Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree to not leave it up for interpretation. We're only having 30 guests so we will likely tell people with kids in person that it's adults only. My fiance is pretty to the point so I'm leaving that up to him! Our wedding is dog friendly though... is that bad? No kids but dogs are ok lol!
  • Maly
    Maly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Make it like a movie rating. "No children under 18"
  • Maly
    Maly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Maybe state an age limit? Example: "no children under 18"
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have been told to just strictly make your RSVP cards straight and to the point with just the 2 peoples names you are inviting on it, do not leave anything open to interpretation .... that way your guests know this invite is only for the 2 of them, not their entire family.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We havn't actually done this yet! I would be completely open to any suggestions on how others will be doing this!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics