Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lisa
Expert August 2019 Alberta

How did you pick your photgrapher?

Lisa, on October 28, 2019 at 16:42 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12

When my husband and I started looking for photographers, I poured through google, this site, and looked at many options for choosing our photographer. One of the most important things for us was that it was someone local, as we were getting married away from where we live. Aside from that, I had to feel like their style spoke to what we were looking for. Obviously, budget and availability were important too. We ended up choose Kim Payant, and couldn't have been happier! (I'll have lots of photos to share soon, as she just emailed to let us know the final products are coming soon!)

What was most important to you? Budget? # of shooters? Referral from a friend? Online reviews? Let me know!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Lisa, on November 1, 2019 at 12:30
  • Lisa
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree - I think there's a lot to be said about the initial communication when looking for a trusted vendor to work with!

• Lisa
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's great that you were able to find someone you are so happy with!

• Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were originally going to ask a friend to take photos with my Canon but I actually found a new photographer from a Facebook ad where he was offering free engagement photo shoots! So we’ve got that scheduled and after those, we’ll see if we book him. He’s offering 1 pm to 6:30 pm for $250.00 which is amazing!

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our photographer was featured of our venue's website, and we loved her photos so we reached out to her Smiley smile

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I googled photographers in Ottawa/Gatineau, went through their portfolio online and requested their prices/availability if I liked what I saw.
    The initial email definitely helped me identify who I'd want to work with, as some of the responses I got were just cold, late or straight up nonexistent lol.

From there, it was based on price and friends' recommendations. We ended up picking the photographer who did most of our friends' weddings.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We looked at only 5 stars on weddingwire.ca and then contacted them and then made our own package which was a lot cheaper to do!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Quality of pictures, the package, and of course price.

I knew we wanted Engagement pictures, so we needed a package where that was included.

Having a great package where you get pictures edited, all your wedding pictures etc, was a big thing for us. Some people charge by package and based off how many pictures you actually end up with.

Price was also huge for us. We wanted to keep everything as cost effective as possible, and got a wicked deal from our photographer because they were a preferred vendor of our venue!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I picked our photographer who is someone I have known for many years. She is new to photography but I like her work. I'm not too concerned about wedding photos no matter what you are going to end up with a handful that are your favourites and a bunch you'll look at once in a while. The price was within our budget and she will be with us for the whole day. I'm not concerned at all with 2 photographers. I don't need the same photo from different views.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I spent a few weeks scouring the internet. I honestly think the Facebook algorithm found our photographer for us! I was scrolling on a lunch break and there was an ad they had posted for a sale. I checked their Facebook page and website and loved their work. They came in pretty close to our budget, which made me so so happy.

We did our engagement photos last weekend and I cannot recommend Glow Videography and Photography from Fredericton, NB, enough! She made us so comfortable. The time flew by and we have genuine emotions in every photo.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I called the two photographer companies that worked with our venue the most and then I went with the cheaper company but I also thought their pictures were more our style.

I did look at their online reviews which were phenomenal and got me really excited to work with them.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We looked around but ended up going with a friend of mine that had done a wedding or two prior and was willing to help us out Smiley smile

Most important thing to us was the budget and liking the way they edited the photo's.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I find the same in what you said, local and availability of being there to know they will provide the best service. I found that within kijiji site and amazing guy that did the job for our day and engagement pictures too. Price, service and product hand delivered was absolutely phenomenal.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics