Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

How did you meet your future spouse?

Joey, on August 11, 2017 at 14:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 32

Let's cap this week off with some love stories. How did you meet your future spouse?

Was it love at first sight, or did you fall slowly?How did you meet your future spouse? 1

While you're thinking about your love story, check out some of these ideas for a wedding planning date!

Have a great weekend, I hope you will get to spend it with your special someone Smiley heart

32 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on September 15, 2018 at 23:34
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We first met when I was 16 at work, I was not a huge fan of him. Fast forward 3 years, I moved home after my first year of university and went back to the same job. This time things were different and we have been together ever since.

• Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I met my Fiance on a dating website. I tried couple of dating websites few years ago for few months but all I met were weird guys and cheaters. So I quit and thought, "online dating is not for me". Then I focused my life on dancing. I found a group of single male and female friends in ballroom dancing group. We were having so much fun dancing all over the town every weekends with no intention at all looking for men. It was a wonderful 2 years of my life. Then on August 2016, 5 of us females decided to join online dating together with no expectation but just curious to see how it would go. I was only there for 2 weeks and this wonderful man contacted. He was the first man I agreed to meet for a coffee date after couple of weeks of communication through emails and text. The initial 15 minutes coffee date, turned to a brunch. The brunch continued to a visit to Granville Island for ice creams and a walk at the seawall. The date ended with a dinner. I spent the whole day with him and it never felt so right and comfortable. We were engaged in 6 months after we met and we are planning our wedding next year. Until today we have a private joke saying that both of us are so cheap and only cost $40 to get (the cost of one month online dating). After all, online dating worked for me Smiley smile

• Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met on the OKCupid website. Honestly shocked that i found someone online but damn, they did good with our matching on that site.

• Kryzia
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Kryzia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met in high school. He moved to my school in grade 9. We never really cross paths until about grade 11. We started hanging out as friends and eventually he asked me out in grade 12. We've been together ever since. It's been 9 years. Smiley smile

• Michelle
    Newbie September 2018 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met online! My fh messaged me at the same time I logged on to delete my account for good after having been on so many awful dates. I decided to give it one last shot - I'm glad I did! We've been together for 6 years - sparks flying from the moment we met in person for the first time. Only later did we find out that we had gone to the same college at the same time and had classes down the hall from one another for a few years and had never met. Crazy!

• Jessica
    Frequent user June 2018 Saskatchewan
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met at SIAST. We were both taking the professional cooking course. We dated for a month when I broke it off, so we stayed friends for 2 years. After a horrible relationship ended for me, I ran back to him and we began dating. That was almost 5 years ago now.

• M
    Newbie July 2018 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met through our daughter's. Our daughters both go to the same music school and performed together frequently. I knew his daughter first.. then got to know his mom...then eventually him.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband and i met online site in October 2013 and chatted for a month before he came to meet me in person. He drove all the way to Oakville from Alliston.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A mutual friend introduced us in college. His friend was supposed to meet him at the gym but his lecture ran long so he came to hangout with us while he waited. Funny thing was that our friend just said she was bringing a friend and I was totally expecting him to be a female, thankfully it was him Smiley heart

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Work. Met back in 2012 we both worked at Denny's he was a server and I was a hostess.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was going to visit my brother for the weekend, who lived about 5 hours away. Fiance was also going to the same town (he had lived there for 7 years and was going back to get the rest of his stuff). He was friends with my brother so brother knew he was going up. He asked me if I wanted to catch a ride with his friend to save money on gas. I agreed, but didn't really think much of it.

We played the alphabet game on the way up, which broke the ice for me (I'm shy). He's an extrovert so had no trouble filling the silences for the 5 hour trip.

When we got back to my car at the end of the weekend, he asked me for dinner. I agreed, thinking I made a new friend. He waited three days before texting me and during those three days, I could not wait for him to text!

I was so nervous come the day of dinner. We made it together (I have food allergies so eating out is hard) and at the end of the night, I knew I wanted to marry him.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met back in 2009 when we worked at the same restaurant. It took about two months of working part-time together before I even noticed him tbh but once I did, that was it ☺️
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and i met when we were 12 at church. we became good friends at the beginning of grade 9 and then started dating a year later. 7 years later Smiley heart getting married in less than 6 months and couldn't be happier!

• Sonia
    Frequent user May 2019 Quebec
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met on okcupid in 2013 and to be completely honest I really had no interest in him at first but after our 4-5th date. Something just clicked and we’ve been inseparable ever since. He is my number 1 and I can’t wait to be his wifey Smiley love
  • Megan
    Newbie February 2019 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My Fiancé and I met at work. He saw me working couple of times and wanted to come talk to me until one of his friends was going on break with a friend of mine and myself. He then tagged along to get the courage to talk to me and introduce himself.
  • Justine
    Newbie April 2019 British Columbia
    Justine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met when we were in 3rd grade! We are in the same class and he had a little crush on me. I moved schools and I moved to Canada too. Many years after, I got a message from him in Facebook asking if I can still remember him. I actually can't anymore but he does! He even remembered how we started talking in 3rd grade.
  • Annmarie
    Beginner June 2019 Ontario
    Annmarie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I met my fiance on a dating site! I was pretty iffy at first and had to go through many dates to find my Allan. When we first met, we both truly believe it was love at first sight. I will never forget, on our first day, he said to me, "I feel like I've known you forever." Just from hearing him say that, I knew it was foreverSmiley heart

Congratulations to all the other couples on this website. May your love grow and last for a lifetime!

• Stephanie
    Newbie May 2019 Nova Scotia
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I met my spouse through my big sister, they went to college together. We became really good friends, he helped me through a heartbreak, and with my beautiful daughter. After being friends for 2 years, we got closer and became a couple, 5 years later here we are, just got engaged on October 18, 2017.

How did you meet your future spouse? 2

• Sara
    Curious August 2018 Alberta
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I met my fh on plenty of fish. We were both about to give up as we've both met some really "stinky fish". We have been together for 6 years
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH & I met when we were 4 years old in Kindergarten Smiley smile

Starting dating in Grade 12. Engaged 11 years later

• Shelby
    Frequent user October 2017 British Columbia
    Shelby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My finace and I's family both have a place at the same lake. I've been friends with his brother for 13 years and he was friends with my older cousin. Our neighbour introduced us one day and we've been together for 6 years now. Smiley heart

• Kathy
    Devoted June 2018 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Us too!!! e-harmony for the win! lol
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I tried Hahah they told me to just put my story on the board
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Us too! Smiley winking We want to be on one of their commercials someday!

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    EHARMONY 👌
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I met him through a church group at my university
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met in high school!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met on the dating website, Tinder!

Love at first swipeLove at first swipe

• Sara
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met through a mutual friend at a a little get together she was having. He looked me up on Facebook and decided to go to meet me and we have been inseparable since that night.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I met him while he was working at future shop and I was a customer.
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met online haha I was lucky that he was literally the first person I messaged. I know some people have to dig through the trashy people to get to the good ones lol
  • Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We both worked at Canadian Tire , went out a date and never looked back :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics