Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

How did you meet?

Emilie, on November 28, 2016 at 07:04 Posted in Before the wedding 0 38

Hi lovely ladies Smiley heart

Let's rewind and start this love movie of yours from the beginning!

How did you meet? Smiley love

Continue here >> Did you like each other when you first met?

38 Comments

Latest activity by Kara, on September 15, 2021 at 01:53
  • Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We knew eachother through our family for about 10 years (his dad and my mom were friends). But we started hanging out after a fun drunken night at his sisters wedding. We were “just causal” for months before realizing we were totally in love. Once we realized it, we panicked (him more than me) and we ended up kinda seeing other people for about 3 months….until we realized we were being dumb.
    He came over to talk about it…. And the rest is history. 9 months after that, he moved in and 5 months after that we got engaged❤️ Now we’re just waiting on our 4th Covid postponed wedding lol
  • Lynn_Wilki
    Beginner August 2024 Alberta
    Lynn_Wilki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met at church event (Human Curling) in Feb 2017. I didn’t tell him I had a crush on him until July 2017 because I didn’t know if he liked me back or anything until I started to get hints from our friends. In the same month he asked me to be his girlfriend and rest is history.
  • Michelle
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met on Bumble! Once we matched, we realized that we worked at the same place and took the same bus every day too xD (Turns out he was the cute boy I'd been seeing on the bus reading quality books).

He asked me to go with him to a comedy show (a live recording of My Favourite Murder podcast) - then we stayed out until like 2am talking over drinks and on our way home we stopped at his place so he could introduce me to his puppy. It was very much a love-at-first sight situation, which I didn't think existed, but 3 years later, here we are planning our wedding Smiley heart

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I met through Facebook Smiley smile

• S
    Frequent user February 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey was my neighbors friend. He helped repair my flat tire one day and I had googly eyes ever since. He is still my repair man to this day
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's great Christy! I hope they will Smiley smile How many people did you invite to your wedding? Ddid you already send the invitations?

• Tina
    Devoted February 2018 Ontario
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met when we both were 5. His mom was my babysitter we have always been best friends. My family moved away in my teen year's. We both lived our lives apart. Then one day I went to his sister's baby shower and we have been together since. That will be 2 year's on February 18th and we are getting married on February 18th 2018.
  • Christy
    Newbie July 2017 Alberta
    Christy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It would be fantastic if they both could make it!
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow! That's such a coincidence! It sounds like something that would only happen in movies! Congrats Christy! Smiley heart This is so amazing! Are your friends both invited to your wedding? Smiley winking

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hahaha! Nice to meet you Erika! Smiley heart You'd be surprised how many married people met on that website! Smiley laugh How was your first date together? How long had you been chatting before you met for the first time?

• Christy
    Newbie July 2017 Alberta
    Christy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met on someone else's blind date. My friend had been talking to his friend online and they decided it was time to meet. We each got dragged along to make things less awkward, and while it didn't work out for our friends, it definitily worked out for us! Crazy in love 6 years later!

• Caitlin
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Caitlin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met in 2010. We were both working at the same place, I was full time, he was part time (he was still a senior in high school lol). I ended up moving away the following year, as did he. We stayed in touch - mostly because I thought he was just the cutest thing, he was always so shy. We fell out of touch for a little while, but when I was pregnant I ended up in the ditch just a block away from his place, and he was driving by. He didn't want to stop, mostly because it was 1am, but he did. As soon as we realized who each other were we fell back into old habits. Well, he moved away AGAIN, but this time across the country! He moved back a few months later (after I had my daughter) and we got together! We figured it it was now or never. We've been together for 3 years now lol.

Kind of all over the place ahah.

• Erika
    Newbie September 2017 Manitoba
    Erika ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We actually met on a website called okcupid. Good ol' online dating. haha

• Melanie
    Curious September 2017 Ontario
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met at a motorcycle riders party in the winter, hung out once again before the season stared and then went for a ride once the snow was clear. After that we started dating and 5 and a half years later he proposed.

• Corina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Corina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just celebrated our four year anniversary!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Meaggan! Welcome to the community! Smiley heart That's so cute! You never with dating website, it's either a pass or fail but ofr many people in the community it seemed to have worked out! Smiley sexy When are you getting married?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awww! That is so cute Corina! Smiley heart How long have you been together for now? Smiley smile

• Kylie
    Frequent user September 2017 Manitoba
    Kylie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My lovely FH and I met at my work place of work he was my fits customer. He was so cheeky with me and taking the piss the entire time. Never thought I would be marrying him.
  • Amanda
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Alright, so everyone seems to be honest about the online dating.

So here it is - TINDER - yup, I admitted it. To anyone outside of close friends and family we say Boston Pizza (or first date), because I have trouble admitting it. And the ONLY reason I even swiped right was because he "super liked me" and I had no idea what that even was (I was a noob). Got to talking, and I left my roommate at home and took a cab to meet him that same night. Was ambushed by someone who was NOT him when I arrived - this guy having creeped the convo and seeing what I looked like. Let's just say I was confused, but then he kinda peaked his head around from behind his friend and says "Hey, gottcha!" Humor is important to me, and I was instantly impressed.

Oh, but three months later I was scheduled to move away - and I told him it would just be a short thing. He accepted it, tried to get me to stay, but I left. 6 months later I came back...having spoken to him maybe once during my absence....and he was there at the airport to pick me up.

Unconventional, but cute in our own way.

• Meaggan
    Newbie June 2018 Ontario
    Meaggan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We actually met on an online dating website that my friend talked me into joining
  • C
    Curious January 2017 Alberta
    Charlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A mutual friend set it up. she texted and asked me for a picture that I wouldn't mind a guy seeing...she ended up stealing 3 off of Facebook and showed them to him. She got permission from both of us to get each other's phone number. it took about a week and I sent the first message. We texted for about 3 weeks, talked on the phone once and then decided to meet. We decided to meet for lunch with the matchmaker friend and her husband. We hit it off immediately. That night we decided to have our first date at the movies. 2 days later, we met for coffee at 2pm and that lasted 6 hours...Tim Hortons for 4 hours and then supper. The rest is history
  • Corina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Corina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met while in highschool, my dad got a new job in a new city and we had to move... when we were moving in the cute neighbour boy came over to help us move in. We were friends for a few years, started dating, and the rest is history. I was the girl next door Smiley smile

• Lindsay
    Curious December 2016 Ontario
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Dennis and I met by accident...literally! I crashed my car into his truck in a parking lot lol.
  • Rory
    Frequent user August 2017 British Columbia
    Rory ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met in highschool, and i like him alot more than he like me, although he says diffrent now Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A dance in the rain!! Smiley love That sounds so romantic!

I would love to hear more about him, he sounds really exceptional! You should participate in this discussion and introduce him Smiley smile

Introduce your other half

How much does your FH know about your wedding?

And the first Harry Potter movie... that brings back such great memories! Smiley catface How long have you been thinking of getting married?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Dionne, welcome to the community!! Smiley heart I'm so happy you're joining us! There are so many people meeting online these days. If you look at the comments below, you'll see that a few other brides also met their FH online. Smiley catface I'm glad you two met and are so in love! When are you planning to get married?

• Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met online many moons ago. He came to meet me for lunch and we talked about bands, sports amongst other topics.Intelligent conversation ! He then came back to meet my girls and we all went to see the first Harry Potter movie with my daughters. We took it slowly. Our first beautiful memory was our dance in the rain.
  • Dionne
    Beginner May 2023 Ontario
    Dionne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    To be honest my fiancée and I met online. Going through the dating app not truly wanting anything maybe just a friend or to talk to someone and take my mind off of the troubles I had in life. He came across my profile and messaged me and honestly I almost didn't even reply to him cause I was so use to people asking me dirty questions and trying to sleep with me. Eventually I caved in and messaged him and it was like fireworks immediately went off, he became my bestfriend without trying and we connected so easily it made me fall for him even more. My family absolutely adores him and I am so in love with him .
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds like a pretty classic "meet up"! Points to Mitch for taking care of you! It is neat that you reconnected after a few years....fate?

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Also, this post def makes me want to curl up on the couch and watch You've Got Mail! So good!

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met online on eHarmony. We talked for about 3 weeks before he FINALLY asked me out. (Most of the other guys I was matched with immediately asked for a date, which I appreciated so we could see if there was chemisty.) My mom was getting tired of me going on these dates and said "no more" but Collin had finally asked me out. So I said "ok... after this last one!" and it turns out that it was the last! My sister actually flew out from NY to surprise me and my other sisters the weekend of our first date and I was like "I love you, I'm excited to see you but I have to go on this date!" She was thinking that I would reschedule but I couldn't after waiting all this time. My sister was my MOH for our wedding and in her speech she said that she remembered thinking "She better marry this guy!" and I did! Smiley laugh

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I made the gas station boys cookies for Christmas that year too...apparently that won some big points

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics