Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
VIP May 2019 Ontario

How did you meet!

Stephanie, on April 5, 2018 at 15:46

Posted in Before the wedding 70

I'm sure this thread has happened before but I'd love to hear everyone's stories! How did you meet your Fiance/Fiancee? Or for those already done with their big day how did you meet your Husband/Wife? I met my Fiance at work! We worked together for about 2 years and were good friends before anything...

I'm sure this thread has happened before but I'd love to hear everyone's stories!

How did you meet your Fiance/Fiancee?

Or for those already done with their big day how did you meet your Husband/Wife?

I met my Fiance at work! We worked together for about 2 years and were good friends before anything really hit off! I developed a massive crush on him a few months before I got enough courage to make a move! Smiley heart

70 Comments

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met through work but we worked in two different companies that operated out of the same building. When I started I was taken around and introduced to everyone and when I first saw him I was like 'this guy is gorgeous' and he was tall and wearing this light grey suit and DAMN.

Two weeks later at the company Christmas party, we started chatting it up and that night he went into Toronto for a concert. Once he was there he on a whim (he may have been tipsy) invited me to come.. and I did! (which was nuts). It took about 3 months of me being head over heels for him but pretending I wasn't, and for him to stop fighting to be single (he didn't want to really settle down) for us to properly get together.

• Laura
    Frequent user October 2018 British Columbia
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I both joined the same beer league soccer team. I didn't know anyone on the team beforehand and he just knew one person (who is now his best man). He offered to drive me home after the first game, saying I was on the way (which I wasn't) and then continued to pick me up/drive me home for the next few weeks before finally asking me out.

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met online, but not a dating site. It was an IRC chat room devoted to Vancouver socials. We chatted for a while in the chat room and then made arrangements to meet at a dinner hosted by the group. He asked me out on a date after that meeting and the rest is history!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met through a dating site, I worked out west and was only home few days a month and he had a busy job in the city. It worked for us and after 8 months of dating I got a job back home and we bought a house! He worked in the city for one more year and then found something back home Smiley smile

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's so cute! Larping and got a dinner! Had them swooning instantly!

I have a few friends who are really into larping and have met partners though it! My fiance and I are also huge nerds! We bonded as friends through video games and it's still a bonding thing for us now!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancé and I met larping (Yes, we are HUGE nerds). A friend of mine dragged me out for a weekend, and we ended up camping next to my Fiance's group of friends. I ended up feeding them all a hot meal the first night. We became friends after that.

He says that after that, I made him work for several months to convince me to date him! In reality, it was only about two months I made him wait, and only because he had just gotten out of a relationship and I didn't want to just be the rebound!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics