Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

How did you choose your colour scheme?

Joey, on August 10, 2017 at 08:29 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7

Good morning, everyone! Let's talk design. What are you wedding colors, and how did you choose them? What elements of your wedding will show off your colors?

Do you love a bright pop of color?Do you love a bright pop?

Something glam and lux?Something bold and lux?

Multicolored and playful? Multicolored?

Dramatic and bold?Dramatic?

Tell us all about your style!
All photos taken from the Real Weddings sections - there is so much inspiration there!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 1, 2018 at 14:04
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our colours were chosen by the style of the invitations created. Then decided it would be modern with touch of red based on the menu card and the design of the thank you card inside.
  • P
    Newbie June 2018 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the flowers pink and red roses

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the glam/lux look. We went with the colours purple and gold. When I bought my dress, it had gold beading on it, and so I wanted a colour that would match it, and purple and gold is very elegant looking, which is the type of wedding I wanted to have. So purple and gold are the colours we went with!

• Alanah
    Frequent user July 2018 British Columbia
    Alanah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mines going to be something like minimalistic glam/rustic, lots of white and greenery with gold accents
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our colours are personally inspired and invitation inspired. I had always wanted red bridesmaid dresses which is perfect for fall. The groomsmen will be in black suits with red and black ties. Some of our other decor is navy and pale baby pink which was inspired by our invitations. We are also using ivory (my dress and table linens) and burlap since it is a country/outdoor wedding.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wanted burgundy because we are having a fall wedding and I feel like that is such a nice warm colour to go with the season. The bridesmaid dress is burgundy and the guys suits are navy with burgundy ties and vests. We also have blush as an accent colour as my dress is blush so we will have blush flowers mixed into the bouquets. I feel like burgundy and blush and navy all go well together so in excited to see how it all turns out!
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went with a glam look but not over done. We wanted to incorporate gold into our colours so we added complementing colours, such as creams and blushes.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics