Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rae
Newbie August 2023 Manitoba

How did you choose your colour?

Rae, on January 13, 2023 at 17:55 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
Hey folks. We ended up with a nice sort of rustic reception venue solely on cost. My FH likes modern so somehow we'll incorporate that in.

How did you choose your colours? We were thinking dark blue and dark green based on my bridesmaids (one wears each colour) but I'm not 100% sure.
How did you settle and incorporate your colours?

8 Comments

Latest activity by KELLY, on January 20, 2023 at 11:30
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't want to be tooo specific on colours so we went with a fall colour palette- oranges, reds, and yellows

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Small hints of metal added here and there can modernize a rustic vibe. It's also easy to add to his and your outfit (cufflinks, tie clip, hair piece). Gold would go well with amber coloured lighting like candle light or tree lights.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We both like a rustic theme, as far as colors we are all over the place and have not really chosen a main Color. Since we are getting married in September I chose black dresses for the girls, succulents for the bouquets with 1 burgundy flower. The boys will be in grey, maybe blue they also haven't decided, I left that up to them.

• Stephanie
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Originally I wanted the colour palette: desert rose, sage, gold and ivory. This definitely changed as I was sourcing dresses, linens and decorations, I had to change my vision.

One of my bridesmaids has red hair so my thought of having the girls in desert rose just wouldn’t work for everyone - it would clash or wash others out. I changed my mind on the bridesmaid dress colour to ‘moss’ green as it is a warmer green than sage, complimenting the girls more.

I also found that ‘sage’ linens are vastly different from store to store so it’s important to bring a swatch of your colour around with you when shopping to see if it matches or compliments the girl’s dresses. I just kept the colour swatch in my purse for over a year, just in case if I found something.

At the end of things, desert rose was way too tricky to source and to find the right type of colour so I cut it out of my theme. Also, it was quite expensive. My wedding was more monochromatic- ivory and gold with lots of variations of sage/moss green. I’m really happy with how things turned out.

When choosing a colour theme - go with colours that compliment the season, the wedding party and within budget to source for your day. I hope you find the perfect theme for you and your partner!
  • Joy
    Frequent user August 2023 Nova Scotia
    Joy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wanted blue, that was always part of the plan, and my mom suggest purple, so that's what we're going with. The venue has white linens, so we'll be tying white into our outdoor decorations as well. I love hydrangeas, and they come in all those colours, so that's something I plan to look into.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The venue and style helped me further finalize colours. Our wedding was downtown, city, so we went with lots of neutrals, whites and black accents! Had I done more country ish in August and somewhere outdoors...I love golden yellow so probably would have incorporated that! For me venue and time of year helped me further decide for sure
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I waited to find my daughter (MOH) her dress. I needed something that would not wash her out. So she finally settled on emerald green. FH wanted a cement suit with black lapel. Then I made the sole decision to go with emerald green & gold.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I knew from the get go that I wanted gold and navy and that was our only colors we used.

We had navy and gold table runners, navy and gold ribbon on our glass vase centerpieces, gold table numbers, my maid of honor wore a navy and gold dress, and the best man and my husband wore navy suits with a gold tie. We changed up each of their ties to give them a little bit of a difference. We also had in my bouquets and centerpiece navy flowers!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics