Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

How did you choose the date for your wedding?

Emilie, on February 8, 2017 at 11:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13

Hey lovely brides and grooms!

Did you choose your wedding date very carefully? What is it based on?

Does it mean something special? The day you met? Your first kiss? Smiley love

How did you choose the date for your wedding? Smiley smile

giphy.gif

Image: Giphy.com

13 Comments

Latest activity by Linzer, on February 10, 2017 at 07:21
  • L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I knew I wanted a Sunday so my religious Jewish friends do could attend, but still not have work the next day. So that leaves all the long weekends. I knew I wanted summer, so the August long weekend just fit!
  • Stephanie
    Devoted June 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the number 8, and FH's birthday is in August and so was his mom's and obviously it's an 8 too, so it worked for us!
  • Kaytee
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lol our venue did. I am so in love with this place and they only had September 30th available so we jumped at it. I would have prefered June...

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wanted May because my work is crazy busy from mid May to November, but Troy didn't think 7 months was enough time to plan... So we picked September long weekend... It's not ideal for my supervisor but at least he should be able to cover for me better than after summer students go back to school... I'm pretty excited haven't had time off in the summer for years.
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We choose our based on availability and to coincide with my mom and grandma's day off. August 19th was the best date for us as we wanted a Summer wedding.
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha NICE! We were SO EXCITED when we found out they still considered April winter! We were thinking beginning of May anyways so it was so perfect

• Lynz
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Lynz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did the same thing!
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We picked the day that was inbetween two very important moments in our relationship ... on the 11th he asked me to be his girlfriend and then a few years later on the 13th he proposed to me so we wanted to be married on the 12th right smack in the middle ... so we have a great meaningful wedding anniversary

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We wanted to keep our anniversary around the same time and when we were looking at Saturdays, we found November 12, 2016 which was 5 years and 1 day after our first date so it was perfect!

• Robyn
    Frequent user June 2017 Quebec
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wanted a date in early summer that was not someone's Birthday, anniversary and not a holiday. There is also a few other weddings in early July that I know of so it narrowed the dates down quite a bit for us!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We picked a day that is not already somebody else's anniversary or birthday so we have a day special for us to celebrate!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were looking at dates in the beginning of May and found that our venue considered April `winter...so we picked the last Saturday of April!!

• Tina
    Devoted February 2018 Ontario
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It will be our three year anniversary 😀

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics