Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katelyn
Frequent user August 2018 Alberta

How "country" do you need to be to wear cowboy boots?

Katelyn, on October 24, 2017 at 21:54 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 12

I love the look of the bride and bridesmaids in cowboy boots - and I think it would go SO good with our "rustic mountain chic" theme - but the FH says "we're not cowboys." This is true - we're not. But we did both grow up in small towns on the prairies, I'm proud of that upbringing, and I would love an excuse to replace my old cowboy boots. And if we're being totally honest, me in big heels would also be completely out of place! What do you think?

Bride & Bridesmaids in Cowboy Boots

How "country" do you need to be to wear cowboy boots? 1

Rustic Groom & Groomsmen (minus those oh-so-skinny-skinny pants)How "country" do you need to be to wear cowboy boots? 2

12 Comments

Latest activity by Bethany, on November 27, 2017 at 00:28
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Cowboy boots look great especially if you have the right dresses to pair them with! Some dresses you just can't pair a boot with! But I'd definitely say go for it if you want to!
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I support the cowGIRL boots fully! I come from a funny upbringing. I lived in a city until I was 11 but had 2 cottages a winter one for snowmobiling and one 3 season. We moved to a farm and ever since I am very comfortable in my cowGIRL boots, if you ask where I am from i'll never tell you the city. That comes up later in a conversation. My ladies are from all different walks of life and I know some would endure it for me but I don't know if one would so I know I will be wearing them and taking at least 1 photo with me in them and maybe my sister too. And maybe if I can convince my wedding party to at least have a photo in them i'd be happy with that if I can scrounge up pairs in there sizes which I don't think I will have a problem with as I am surrounded with cowboys and cowgirls of course. Love the look!

• Stacy
    Curious August 2019 Ontario
    Stacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love love love love the cowboy boots! I would say DO IT ! First off it looks super cute! second - think of how comfortable you'll all be!!!!

• Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We wore cowboy boots Smiley heart everyone loved how comfortable they are.
    My parents farm (I did not grow up on a farm - they started when I was older) but we did it anyways. My sister & I each had a pair of boots - and we had to do some asking around and borrowed friends boots for the other girls but it all worked out. It's always a good reason for a new pair Smiley winking

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My girlfriend did this too and they're not cow-people lol. But we were all from a small town. It is a way to stay true to your roots. Good idea!
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you can do whatever you like!!!!! If it appeals to you then do it. If he doesn't want to then he can dress City Chic! Smiley smile
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If it's what you like and want, go for it!
  • Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m wearing boots for my wedding even though I’m from the city. It doesn’t matter
  • T
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am a country girl but I also need things to match and I can’t ask my girls to buy boots cause they aren’t as country as me. My solution is just to get a few pics of just me in my boots.
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sorry, I'm not a fan of the ladies in cowboy boots. I would rather see them in flats if you don't like heels. To me, the boots look clunky and take away from the dresses. They just don't fit into my image of a wedding. But if that's what you want to do, who am I to say anything.

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think you have to be country at all. It doesn't have to be a lifestyle, it can just be your theme! Have fun with things, don't overthink it! If you and your wedding party are into wearing cowboy boots, then go for it! It could tie your whole theme together. The only downside I can think of is that cowboy boots can be a little pricey, especially if the wedding party won't really wear them again

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If that’s the look you want then go for it!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics