Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Caraline
Newbie May 2019 Ontario

How can i include everyone?

Caraline, on January 25, 2018 at 15:25 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5
I having trouble finding a way to include everyone in my wedding. My fiancé wanted a small wedding party but I convinced him to have 4 in each side. Trouble is I have 4 best friends, 2 cousins and a sister in law I would like included somehow. My ideal would be to have my 4 best friend by my side. They have been there for me through everything! However some of my greatest childhood memories are with my cousins. My aunt suggested I have my cousins walk me down the aisle which I think is a cool idea but also out of the norm. Any suggestions?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 25, 2018 at 17:43
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As a bride, my cousin had her brother and close cousins walk her down the isle to the manadap (indian ceremony stage).

If that helps to know if its ok to walk you down the aisle.
  • Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If your dad isn’t around to walk you down the aisle then I think it’s a great ideas to have your cousins do it!!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Breanne - There are so many different ways you can include your family!

You could ask them to be ushers before the ceremony, or help move crowds from the cocktail hour to dinner. If you have games or contests, they could be in charge of it without MC'ing the whole night.

I co-MC'ed my cousin's wedding with her brother-in-law and it was super fun! She had her sister and sister-in-law do readings during the ceremony.

If you are going that route, I would suggest offering support in the planning too. For example, my cousin worked with us on the speeches and flow of the evening. It felt less overwhelming when we figure out everything the couple wanted and had their input!

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If they are willing they could give speeches it MC. You could also names them as "Honourary Bridesmaids" so they don't stand with you but they can still do bridesmaids stuff. Maybe even have them wear bridesmaid dresses that are different then the other Bridesmaids. Explain to them the situation and I think they will be happy
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Caraline,

Another suggestion (maybe for your sister-in-law) is someone can do a reading during the ceremony, whether it be religious or just a favourite poem.

If any of them (or potentially your 2 cousins) are outgoing you could always ask them to be the MC as well.

If you want your cousins to walk you down the aisle go for it, who cares about the norm! Just make sure there's room for the 3 of you to fit down the aisle.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics