Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

How are you staying calm while wedding planning?

Joey, on December 29, 2017 at 08:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10

Breathe in... breathe out... breathe in... breathe out...

Wedding planning can be complex and time consuming, but it shouldn't stress you out. It's important to take care of your wellness throughout your planning process, especially as the big day draws near. What helps you stay zen? How are you staying calm, balanced, and happy while wedding planning?

How are you staying calm while wedding planning? 1

Photo by Naomi Mundy Beauty in Toronto - I wish this was me right now!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on January 3, 2018 at 11:24
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I talked to my friends, worked out and tried to allow others to help as much as possible which is difficult when you are a type A. I actually only had one minor freak out and it was towards the end of planning so that was good. My husband would also keep reminding me that at the end of the day the details don't matter as long as we end up married and happy.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    From the start of our planning (mainly me) was looking into major research and online shopping to be organized. I just knew its hard to keep calm as my husbans back then. He got frustrated easily cause he had no idea what has to go through the planning stages.

As per work and personal life coming into play, i just carried on with both knowing the payments have to be made one way or the other.
  • H
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Hj ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's...exactly what I was saying. I like to focus on the other, more important parts of my life and keeping my days busy keeps me from stressing out in general.
    I'm really not sure where you're going with this post, to be honest. Of course lots of people have busy lives.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I delegate! It has helped so much being able to give my wedding party different tasks that get them involved and allow me to relax and do a little less.
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Other brides have lives too. I’ve seen posts from single mothers, lawyers, doctors, social workers, teachers and several other busy people getting married. We all have stuff to worry about. You’re not alone! Weddings are stressful Smiley smile
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t. Haha. I probably have a breakdown every 2 weeks or so. “I’m forgetting something” “we’re gonna be rushed” “something’s gonna go wrong” “we shouldn’t be paying this much for a wedding” etc... It’s not very fun. It doesn’t help that FH started a new business last year and we have no idea what next year is going to bring. Needless to say... sleeping is only a sometimes thing. Lol
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love wedding planning, but I have major anxiety about being the center of attention. Smiley cry
  • H
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Hj ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

By remembering that at the end of the day, the thing that matters is the marriage, not the wedding. And by having a life and other things to worry about.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Also home face mask Sunday nights! I'm a pretty calm person in general, so haven't felt stressed out yet. I think we've paced ourselves enough to get everything done in time.

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

At home face masks and hot showers! It is my time for quiet and to wind down! It has become a part of my sunday night routine before I start the work week.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics