Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Zoë
Master June 2020 Ontario

How are you paying for your wedding??

Zoë, on July 19, 2017 at 13:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

Hi lovely brides-to-be !

You proposal may have been planned... but how shocked are you now that you realise how much you have to pay for everything?? Smiley surprise

How are you paying for your wedding?Smiley winking

Are you getting any help?

giphy.gif

11 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 1, 2018 at 16:25
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The payments are never easy as we're earning. We (i personally) paid for majority of the vendors and items for the wedding. We ended up spend 18,500 no honeymoon included yet.

The payments were being made as i put the money aside from every paycheque to make sure everyine was getting paid.

Please don't be surprised if you're thinking the expenses are going to be less. Iymts going to be more as the prices will increase this year.
  • Shelby
    Frequent user October 2017 British Columbia
    Shelby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Both our families have give their budgets for us, if there is anything extra above the budget we want, we will pay for it.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're paying it ourselves. My parents have passed and his mother is retired. We're an older couple so we had money saved. Even though we had the cash, we are still being frugal with our expenditures. The total so far is just over $5000.00 and will be closer to $6,000.00 with the marriage license and a honeymoon.

• Laura
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are paying for the wedding ourselves. My parents are paying for my wedding dress as a gift to me but the rest is all being paid for by my fiancé and myself.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are paying for most of it ourselves but family has helped and some family friends have offered some services (photography etc). Many of these were unexpected but we appreciate all of it.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We planned a 2 year engagement and saved as we went along. That helped ALOT! It was a bit of a struggle to save after my dad's car accident as I have to partially support him financially,, but we are trying our best. Rewards credit cards are good too because we can save an additional 1.75% on all our purchases! So whenever we could pay by card we would then pay it off. Every little bit helps.
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We've had so much help from family that we didn't expect! We had planned to pay for the whole thing ourselves but his mom and stepdad paid for the venue fee (about 3k) and my mom paid for my dress (about 1300 plus 800 for alterations) and my sister paid 5000 for our honeymoon. We are so shocked and beyond thankful. His dad has also pitched in by paying the remaining amount for the DJ which is unexpected. I will be trying for the rest of my life to repay everyone for all their help,❤
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are both skilled trades and live off 35% of our combined paycheques... Everything else goes into savings... We have been living a frugal lifestyle for years so the money was already there.
  • Jodi
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its just myself and my fiancé paying for everything we found an amazing deal all in for 5000$ but we know once we add booze, rings, favors and up our food budget it will cost more. My mother has offered to pay for my dress, but the rest will be going on our credit line

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We originally had a savings account and we had about $10g saved. But then we needed a new car and that was $4g and then we needed a new transmission which was $3g so then our money was gone quickly. So since all our payments are due this month and start of next, we have been using my credit card and then paying it off on the line of credit and taking my whole paycheck and putting it towards the line of credit as well as whatever was left in our savings account.

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes I ran out of money a long time ago lol. We planned for 10 thousand and that was pushing the limit and we are well over.. at least 15 thousand now. I stopped counting.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics