Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert August 2021 British Columbia

How are you getting from the hotel to the venue?

Sarah, on June 30, 2021 at 16:53 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6
How are all of the happy couples getting from point A to B for their big days?I am checking into our hotel suite at 11 am the day of the wedding so that I can get ready and the guys are getting ready at the best mans house right down the street from the hotel.We have been all over the place when it comes to how we are going to go from getting ready locations to the ceremony as it’s only a 13 minute drive away.I was going to rent an SUV but it ended up being the same cost of doing the limo but now I’m thinking how much money will be wasted by doing either.Nobody is going to see what I pull up in as I have to go down a little pathway for the ceremony spot.My car is older and simply won’t fit my huge dress without getting it all dirty and the bride crew all have car seats in the back seat lol has anyone ever showed up in an Uber?Should I just suck it up and spend $600 for the 4 hour minimum with a limo?I mean I guess we could leave the wedding guests for an hour to get photos done but 4 hours is a long time.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Derek, on August 17, 2021 at 19:22
  • D
    Featured September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having both the ceremony & reception in the same location (hotel). We will be going off site for photos, whether indoor or outdoor (we are hoping for outdoor as we want photos with autumn leaves and with certain vehicles [fiancee's Mustang and my motorcycle] but we have planned for an indoor shoot if the weather does not allow it), so we are planning to contract a limo to take the wedding party & parents for photos.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our reception and ceremony are in same building. With a winter wedding we didn't want everyone driving all over the place. I think in your case I would just get a taxi or Uber.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For my fiance and I we have found a limo service that only charges for the time that we need. So the will only charge us for picking us up at the hotel and taking us to the venue. And then again at the end of the night when we need to be taken home

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We have scrapped the limo but we plan on drinking so I’m going to save myself a fortune and call an Uber or grab a ride with a friend.The ceremony space and the venue are right across the road from each other.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A limo is a huge expense for a 5 minute drive. You might as well rent a nice car from your local Enterprise/Advantage.

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry it’s a 5 minute drive without traffic

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics