Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

How are you and your partner spending Valentine's Day?

Joey, on February 14, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 28

Happy Valentine's Day, WeddingWire! We're wishing you all wonderful days full of love and appreciation. Whether you'll be going out on the town o spending a quiet night doing your normal routine, I hope you get to spend today with the one you love.

Smiley heart How are you and your partner spending Valentine's Day? Smiley heart

How are you and your partner spending Valentine's Day? 1

Photo by Flora Elegant in Montreal

28 Comments

Latest activity by Samantha, on November 17, 2021 at 14:11
  • S
    Frequent user October 2024 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Quiet night full of movies, dinner and our fav snacks!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree 100%.

• Emily
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I mean to each their our own I guess! It’s definitely not even on my radar as something remotely important. We love each other every day and make time for date nights and surprises every now and then.
  • Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha thanks! It seems to be a generally unpopular opinion.

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This though👏🙌
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day. So it was a normal night for us. Just made dinner together.
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance has been working a night job since mid January so I work 6am-230pm and he works 4pm-4am. We saw eachother for an hour between. But I came home to a lovely card and some chocolates (which I definitely didn't need but gladly ate) it was a nice surprise, I'm not big on Valentine's day.
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Looking at apartments!

Not romantic, but exciting.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We decided to celebrate valentines day early and have a date-day on monday (family day stat). We typically have never celebrated valentines day before because ive been living 4 hours away at school at this time of year for the past 5 years so this was our first chance in a long time to do something fun.

We had the most amazing weather all weekend so we decided to go golfing (neither of us are good at golf, but we dont take t too seriously) and we took a flask of a new scotch that he bought me Smiley smile then we went grocery shopping like we do every weekend haha. And then we got dressed up and went out for a nice dinner.

It was super awesome to just take a whole day for ourselves and spend quality time together because its not something we get the opportunity to do a lot in our day to day schedule.

On actual calentines day we barely saw each other. We both came home from work, quickly made dinner together and then he had homework to do and i went to visit a friend.
  • Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did the 5 love language quiz and both our love language is quality time so we spent some time sitting together watching Netflix and also working on the laundry. It was a productive evening and we will go out for a nice dinner on Friday
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nothing too exciting tonight - we exchanged cards and that's about it, but we will be going out for a nice dinner on Sunday.

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't celebrate, so I am working tonight. He somehow got the day off (he works as a server) and he is going to have a dinner with his best man tonight

• Georgie
    Beginner August 2019 Manitoba
    Georgie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m finishing an essay for one of my classes, and he’s probably going to watch tv. He said he would take me out for dinner and a movie next week since this week is so busy.
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We can’t do anything today because I have three midterms tomorrow, and I need to study. But tomorrow night, when I’m done the midterms, we are going to rent Lady and the Tramp and eat spaghetti and meatballs by candlight.
  • Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going out to dinner to the restaurant where we had our second date and shared our first kiss.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't go all out for Valentine's Day. This year, we are ordering from our favourite Vietnamese place, watching Beauty and the Beast, and drinking Strawberries and Cream Baileys! We also have volleyball Wednesdays, so we will be going to that after.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This right here!

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!! Smiley heart

We've been really busy lately so we didn't plan anything crazy Smiley shame - it's ramen and a movie at home tonight for us!!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Started the day with me making a delicious breakfast for us. Then we exchanged small gifts and cards. For most of the day we will just have a relaxing chill day then he is cooking me a delicious, romantic dinner ❤️
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are taking my dad out for his birthday (Swiss Chalet) 😂 We didn't realize it was Valentine's day when we planned it. My FH and I will exchange cards later in the evening. We sign the same cards each year Smiley smile
  • Missa
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We bought a good bottle of wine and I'm making dinner! Nothing crazy, but any excuse to open a good bottle of wine works for us Smiley winking We will most likely talk about our ceremony music as we asked friends to perform and we need to give them the songs asap!

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We just don't buy into something that was created by a business industry just to make more money and make people feel guilty lol

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m going to school then off to work tonight! Our anniversary was Sunday (8 years together), so Valentine’s Day was never important to us.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same here! I prefer random acts of kindness/love than something scheduled on the same day as everyone else haha.

• Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nothing. It is a regular Wednesday. We don't believe in Valentine's Day to the point that we generally forget about it.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since its a weeknight, we're probably just going to go low-key and relax at home. We're going out for dinner on Friday, though to celebrate.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Go out and spend the day together and have dinner at swiss chalet.
  • Christina
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Probably just going to cook dinner together and spend the night with our daughter

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics