Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

How are you addressing your envelopes?

Lynnie, on September 13, 2017 at 13:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

Are you writing each address by hand? Printing the addresses straight on to the envelope, having a company print them for you, or hiring a calligrapher?

What did you do, and how did it go? Any tips to share?

Share pics of your finished envelopes if you can Smiley heart

Photo from imaginejoy calligraphy in

Photo from imaginejoy calligraphie in Quebec

If you're trying to figure out how to write and format the actual addresses, make sure to read all about Envelope Addressing Etiquette !

11 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 31, 2017 at 23:16
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did the same as Kathy which does made more sense to me.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would have loved to have a calligrapher do them for us but I don't even think there is one in our city! So, instead we are just printing them at home straight on the envelopes. Saves money!

• Kila
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have no idea... this post just made me realize I have another decision to think about ... oh my goodness... 😂
  • Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wanted to write them myself, but in the end it was just easier and way less time consuming to print on labels and stick on the envelopes. I found that most people didn't give it a second thought and the envelopes are thrown away anyways. I did try to make the labels pretty though and so I chose a nice calligraphy font!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had to write them all out by myself! Luckily with sending some to couples and families, it made it a lot easier!!

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We already had address labels, so we just printed our addresses onto those then put onto the invites. Fancy addressing wasn't something we wanted to splurge on.
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got labels and printed them out - no handwriting here.

I used to practice calligraphy years ago and recently bought some pens so I can hand write the Thank You envelopes.

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I taught myself calligraphy using templates from The Postman Knock's website. It's a great resource. It was the one thing I wanted to focus on pre-wedding. I started the worksheets in February and practiced most days. The invites went out in July. I made a post about it here in case anyone is interested.

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just did it the old school way and hand wrote them out, However, we did use stickers for the return address. Smiley smile it was a nice touch. Got those with our invitations we got made from Vistaprint. Smiley smile

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We wrote people's names and addresses by hand. We didn't have that many to do as most of our guests are couples so it wasn't too much work.

• Kathy
    Devoted June 2018 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am just going to get the Avery clear address labels and print them myself. I am not the type to pay a ton of $$ to get a calligrapher to address them. Majority of the guests are going to throw these right into the recycle bin so I didn't want to splurge on this.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics