Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Christmasbride
Newbie December 2021 Ontario

How??

Christmasbride, on January 9, 2021 at 21:47 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
How are you suppose to plan a wedding if you dont know if your going to be able to have a wedding??? I've already postponed my wedding once and would rather not postpone this one. We are having a small wedding. Anywhere from 25-40 people. I'm freaking out here!!! I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling this way. I haven't even started any plans yet.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on January 18, 2021 at 21:39
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m stressing too. We already postponed ours and I feel so lost I don’t know where to pick up.
  • Christmasbride
    Newbie December 2021 Ontario
    Christmasbride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think this is what we are going to do. A civil wedding and spend the money on a new bed.
    Thanks for the reply.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Times of restrictions and curfews at this time are hard for wedding planning for its size to cut down every so often. We all are hoping for the best of getting cleared of these times.

Keep a simple family wedding for now and plan for the big celebration of your anniversary celebration for the full guest list. Many times of changing dates will be done for now until everyone feels reassured of the clearance.

• Shantel
    Beginner September 2022 Ontario
    Shantel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel your pain, I’ve already postponed my wedding too. I want to get married on my wedding day and whenever covid is done I would do renewal of my vows when it’s safe too.

At this point i can’t get my money back from my vendors. My bridesmaid have already paid for their dresses.
    It’s so frustrating
  • A-W
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    A-W ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It is weird trying to plan when you really can't. We also postponed and have a couple different plans laid out. We really won't know for sure until probably the month of or week of if we can get married at all. We are likely just going to decide next month about going down to a 25 person outdoor wedding and scrap the other stuff. It helps having multiple plans and dates to make plans by. I like Amelia's idea of doing the parts that won't change regardless and trying to keep the excitement through at home wedding activities/ movies.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Draft a few backup plans and give yourself dates for when you need to make the decision to use them. We got married in October and we changed our plans so many times between March and July. We ended up having our wedding party and the immediate family that were able to travel which was about 20 people. We even had permission at one point from our parents to elope without hurting their feelings which I will admit reduced my stress a bunch.

When planning becomes to much take breaks and if you have someone to vent to then let that stress out. You might end up putting off tasks for a while in case your plans change (invitations were one of these for us) but some elements you'll keep regardless of how many people attend (wedding outfits, officiant, and maybe wedding party and parts of a reception). I also found that doing something wedding themed that I enjoy helped put me in a planning mood (mine was watching wedding rom coms, yours might be wedding magazines or a wedding diy project).
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're operating similar to what Sarah is doing but ours is 5, 10, 25, and 50. We're not bothering with over 50 as we think it won't be likely.
  • Sarah
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly I have 4 versions planned... one for 120 guests, another for 100 guests, one for 50 and the final for 20. Obviously things would be so much easier if I knew which plan I would be able to go with but I’m also coming to the realization that I won’t know by April when I am sending invitations and I probably won’t know until the week before if Doug Ford is still making decisions like he has been. So I think we are going to start by sending 20 invitations to immediate family in April, and really watch numbers. If restrictions ease, we will send out a few more invites, and so on. I am only making my table numbers as we can increase numbers. Fingers crossed for all of us 2021 brides and grooms. In the end, we are so lucky to be able to get married and spend the rest of our lives with our best friend!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics